UnFreeZe Super League 2023, First Leg History - Immortal Clan First Place
redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by redrum »

T1: hub3tourney1, pro-q3dm6
T3: 7++, bal3dm3

Start with Tier 1, games on fpsclasico.eu:27968 server. Thank you.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok, noted now. btw you need to come up with something else beside pro-q3dm6 from the first tier as they already have picked bloodcovenant. additionally let me know what you prefer from their picks bloodcovenant or pro-dcmap7.
redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Post by redrum »

T1: reqdm5

pro-dcmap7
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

also updated now the second leg calendar here with proper seeding after all the results so far then check it out, review it and let me know if you spot some mistake or anything. as said, I would have initially properly seeded that from the start to look something more like that but as two teams actually joined after the deadline I could only seed four teams and the rest were added there just to match the calendar hence the revision now. for the rest when it comes to the maps and overall format as I see it, with almost the entire first leg done I think everything has worked pretty good so far if not even better than expected in virtually every aspect. I mean, as I see it I think that by now every single map has been either played/trained or picked already and all the fights have finally been a lot more varied and exciting than ever. quite frankly, that's just as good as it gets so to make any significant changes like alter the number of picks per tier for the second leg I'd really need to observe a tangible significant issue as well that justify it (rather than merely potential weaknesses) that I just don't observe being carried/exploited at the time of writing therefore I won't introduce any changes to the format for the second leg. I know just changing the number of picks from two to three might look trivial but it's actually not particularly considering the odd weeks legged format as that would mean that the second leg away teams would fare better chances than first leg away teams as they would have more to chose from (a significant 50% more in fact from 4 to 6 picks). of course it's not like it would be such a huge deal or that it will completely ruin the second leg/season, given the case it would really be found necessary that would the changed, but clearly just because some maps could potentially (and only potentially as that has not even be really the case so far) be played a bit more doesn't justify such change specially considering the format changes were introduced among other things also to promote those maps to be played a bit more not just the top/standard versions.

as a small revision to the gameplay from what I observed from the fights so far what I'll introduce in the second leg as safeguard to prevent dragging fights over and over in a exploitative fashion that could potentially end up becoming a issue later on (ex. extreme defensive play over a narrow spawn point looking for infinite thaw loops) will be limit the number of times a player can die to three per round or put it in other words to limit the number of times a player can be thawed in a round to two and then after that they will be eliminated (instead of frozen) as is the case already with any form of suicide at the ranked servers or as is the case in clan arena. that should not have any real impact in the game (I don't have that metric measured but simple observation and overall figures tell that the chance of that normally happening under normal, non exploitative, circumstances are very very slim if any at all) and that should ensure all fights properly converge later on given the case people attempt just to hold to thawing to stay in the game and therefor promote better offensive gameplay as the game is intended to be played.

@redrum ok great, thank you noted now then all is done from your end. once I have ilm blocks from their end I'll PM you here the card for that as usual. good luck and have fun.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

adminless wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 19:15 that should not have any real impact in the game (I don't have that metric measured but simple observation and overall figures tell that the chance of that normally happening under normal, non exploitative, circumstances are very very slim if any at all)..
It seems like this is a case of "it ain't broken, don't fix it" 👀
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well it's not really broken per see at the moment (although in the past that was just what Sbornaya pulled off time and time again on dm7, lava&thawing cycles, which is what motivated the suicide fix but even after it the same just continued, although to a lesser then acceptable extent, with overly defensive ra play for example, fire on the general direction and thawing which is what the safeguard aims to undermine to some extend not to completely cut off) but to be honest from some time already I started to notice too much focus and importance in the thawing in the fights that I believe that in the long run (specially on the decisive rounds) might end up becoming a problem and probably taking away from the real fighting and excitement of the game hence (the extreme btw) safeguard. yeah and I stand by those words that this change should not have any real impact in the game beside serve as safeguard against extreme scenarios under normal game circumstances. I don't have the exact number of how many times someone has been thawed more than two times in a round under normal game circumstance across all these fights as I don't keep a record of that but just by simple observation I can assure you that probably not many. I mean, you can probably just take a look at your ranked profile, you've been thawed a total of 323 times in 98 games that gives a average of slightly more than three times per game not per round as the cap is and from what I saw the rest of the profiles move around that figure. moreover I don't think that having to kill a player more than three times in a round is really meaningful in a competitive setting or that it really adds to the game if not the contrary (i.e. if you died three times in a round, you're done, this is not like horde mode that they keep and keep coming back, there should be a reasonable and functional limit to that) in my opinion so that limit should be reasonable and functional to hopefully serve as a stop limit in the event of game deadlocks (that have happened, happen and will continue to happen anyways regardless of any changes btw) along with a more exciting game.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok as a update on the next week decisive fights status this is what I have logged so far here:
  • Week 5
    • oKo Clan VS Team Community (Tuesday 7 of November of 2023 21:00 CET)
      • status: fight already confirmed by both for the Tuesday only pending to decide the start time within the next days. oKo already submitted all their picks so now just waiting for community picks within the next 24 hours (tomorrow night approx) the latest to carry with the procedure and leave that set.
    • ASS Clan VS Immortal Clan (Wednesday 8 of November of 2023 21:00 CET)
      • status: still by now (less than 24 hours before deadline) I haven't heard a single word about this from any of them, wtf, this is starting to look bad. both oko-community and diablo-ilm have already taken the Tuesday and Thursday respectively therefore by now waiting to hear from both when they can play this within the next week before the Sunday 5 of November of 2023 22:00 CET or by that time I'll have to intervene in one way or another.
    • Diablo Team VS ILM Clan (Thursday 9 of November of 2023 21:15 CET)
      • status: already confirmed by both for such date. just at the wait of ilm to pick between 7++, bal3dm3 and hub3tourney1, reqdm5 within the next days to leave that all set. diablo have already completed all their side of the card.
do not forget about that, particularly ass and immortal that by now I know nothing about them.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

good, here it's the first card of the first leg last week fights between Diablo Team and ILM Clan scheduled for the next Thursday 9 of November of 2023 21:15 CET:
  • match-up: Diablo Team VS ILM Clan
  • picks:
    • tier 2: bloodcovenant (-), pro-dcmap7
    • tier 3: 7++ (-), bal3dm3
    • tier 1: hub3tourney1, reqdm5 (-)
  • maps: hub3tourney1, pro-dcmap7, bal3dm3
  • date: Thursday 9 of November of 2023 21:15 CET
  • server: fpsclasico.eu:27968
  • gtv: fpsclasico.eu:27969
have fun and good luck and do not forget that this just continues right after with the second leg so stay tuned. the first leg is actually just one half of the season. for the rest, as said the oko-community is already pretty much set just waiting for community picks along today before the night and about the ass-immortal fight as an update it appears that both are on talks for a Friday date from the ass end pending confirmation from immortal so I guess I'll give it 24 hours max as limit to hear something about it otherwise such date will just remain. additionally on the updated seeded calendar the immortal-ass match up just come right after so I think that it can probably be a good opportunity for both to already go discussing/agreeing about that for the week of the 13-19 of November of 2023. for the rest you already have the updated seeded calendar for the second on the respective season thread so expect those fights being posted here tomorrow for schedule along the week after settling the first leg.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: UnFreeZe Super League 2023, First Leg

Post by adminless »

as commented on the main thread I just put together here in this new sub-forum the first leg now all complete with all the results and as bonus I also updated the ilm-oko second week fight with the special render in case someone wants to review that as one of (if not) the defining moment of the first leg along obviously with the ones that have already been posted. overall I think that it turned out pretty good, very interesting results and from what I saw fairly balanced (meaning exciting) as it's meant to be. obviously at the end of the day somebody has to take it, to have finished with a quintuple tie although mathematically possible, it's both unrealistic as well as unreasonable (i.e. meaningless), but the first place wasn't even know till the last fight even despite two teams were not seeded and overall from what I saw both in-game as well as synthetically in metrics with the exception of diablo that just joined to complete the scheme and for fun I haven't really found any decisive/insurmountable differences beside what's normally expected from the results of a league. also keep in mind that the prideful 2022 champions and former undisputed champions were obviously part of the balance and skill target, hopefully they will at least show up for a one time now non title special fight after this ends to break even and set the record straight. as I said in-game I don't think there should really be much need for comment but despite all the rage and controversy I think that with this result and metrics it has become clear for a fact (not for a thought or for a "projection" or anything but for a actual fact period) in case it wasn't already for somebody (as for me it was clear as day) that cutting Miroslav from diamond (and thus diamond per extension) for other than Team UnFreeZe (i.e. ami, blaze, ricky, infinity, fau, vrtx etc) or similar caliber fights was indeed a right call and that obviously adding a uncontested undisputed undefeated super champion to a already champion team makes no sense and it's just ruin this for the sake of it as it can't be otherwise.

ok, let's see if also along these days I update all the historic records that I already know that many have been broken during this and with that then this should be all done here just at the wait for the second leg to decide the season and ultimately the UnFreeZe Super League 2023 champion. GGs.