Allow Pk3 Files (?)

User's Guides & Help forum.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Allow Pk3 Files (?)

Post by fernandinho1337 »

Hi adminless

would you check if these pk3 files are allowed, please?

]\fs_referencedList
Referenced PK3 Names: unfreeze/zzz-thinlg unfreeze/zzz-oamdl-mature unfreeze/zzz-models unfreeze/zz-santa
unfreeze/unfreeze-2305 unfreeze/four baseq3/zzz-XQ3E baseq3/pak8a baseq3/pak6 baseq3/pak5 baseq3/pak4 baseq3/pak0
baseq3/ospmaps0

I get a warning when connecting. I am using xq3e and the pk3s it came with plus a thing shaft. also happy to share the files

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Allow Pk3 Files (?)

Post by adminless »

send them to me in the usual mail and I'll check them over the week (not as we speak). I know I added various of those but the thing is there's various versions of those files around.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

I sent you the paks from xq3e and thinshaft. the rest should be fine I suppose as they did not give me a warning in the past
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes received now and I will check that once I'm back at the main desk as I said.
RH
User lv4
User lv4

Post by RH »

fernandinho1337 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 13:51 Hi adminless

would you check if these pk3 files are allowed, please?

]\fs_referencedList
Referenced PK3 Names: unfreeze/zzz-thinlg unfreeze/zzz-oamdl-mature unfreeze/zzz-models unfreeze/zz-santa
unfreeze/unfreeze-2305 unfreeze/four baseq3/zzz-XQ3E baseq3/pak8a baseq3/pak6 baseq3/pak5 baseq3/pak4 baseq3/pak0
baseq3/ospmaps0

I get a warning when connecting. I am using xq3e and the pk3s it came with plus a thing shaft. also happy to share the files

best regards
Isn't xq3e the q3msk client with built in hacks to do stuff like draw the hitbox and put icons over peoples heads so you can see them over ledges and stuff?

Few people posted videos of gameplay with all those features enabled not realizing they are cheats and a huge advantage, but they 100% are. Traced back to the xq3e client distributed on q3msk.

Would not mess with that client. Just use q3e or ioq3. There is ZERO reason to use anything else if you are a legitimate player.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, that's basically the same client/installation and where the stuff came from the musin cheating video you posted. the thing is that as far as I known, unless hacked versions, all those "enhancements" are not accessible unless the server has cheats enabled and explicitely allows for such "enhancements" which obviously it's not the case in these servers here (I can't tell about other servers) thus if you see those cheats it only meant that either the server/admins explicitely allowed for such hacks to be run there or that the client were modified to simply disregard server settings (which is a no brainer task) but in its base form that client should respect that so beside some potential benefits it should be kind of legit.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

hey everyone

I was not aware that this is the "bespoke" quake version.

it was recommended to me as this build is supposed to reduce input lag from mouse and keyboard. in the one pk3 file is a config that indicates there are commands like wh etc. but I figured those must be only relevant for demo watching etc as i did not notice any visual impact from using these.

@adminless if you notice something being wrong with these files please let me know and I will stop using that xq3e version right away.

best regards

*edit* clarify: dont use mess with the commands at all / no visual changes from using on unfreeze. on duel fpsclasico there is a different GUI but thats it.

a nice feature is a port scan and it might manaully change the port which gives you the best possible ping. @adminless also please clarify. not trying to crosss any rules here
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no I just stand by what I wrote unless the server/admin allows for such "enhancements" or someone hacks them (which is a no brainer given the case) those files are legit. the port thing, generally speaking beside very special limited cases, it's just dumb.