February 2024 community event

fpsclassico february 2024 ctf mini-cup - ahu clan champions
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: February 2024 community event

Post by adminless »

great games guys, well played both. ok so no surprises as expected team community as a higher rated team advanced to the grand final this night that said big shout out to team forza that despite the inexperience in comparison put a much higher resistance than expected with a overall solid defensive game that could only be broken with brilliant plays from the most experienced guys. as usual videos already being produced to be posted tomorrow so stay tuned and clearly do not forget about the upcoming second semi final tomorrow night that will decide the other finalist of the tournament.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

I thank the team, the opposing team and of course the organizer for the opportunity to play CTF again. Congratulations to the Community team, they deserved to advance, they worked hard for the victory!:>
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

GG! Nice to play some ctf, might need to consider adding haste to oasago2 in the middle :mrgreen: Or even find alternative maps but for another event maybe :D
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Lisa_Ann wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 22:39 I thank the team, the opposing team and of course the organizer for the opportunity to play CTF again. Congratulations to the Community team, they deserved to advance, they worked hard for the victory!:>
You and me could beat all there assez , send them some hax code to mouse fail
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@aimer yeah I know, I might need to adjust that map some how as in addition to the lack of power up it also lags in armor overall. sure, as said, I think that probably for another edition this dc_map23 map can probably be replaced by something else since as I saw so far it didn't click. as usual, we'll see, ggs.
FraG_MasiN
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ^>!<FraG_MasiN

Post by FraG_MasiN »

oasago2 is good map max for 4vs4 gg all :thumbup:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe ggs as said, 6vs6 was probably too much for that map, 5vs5 should be ok and I think that showed that virtually as soon as I removed the sixth player of each team the game immediately ended (i.e. scored). also that map layout can also probably be tuned for another edition as aimer suggested (or similar) and the playstyle when a team locks in defense plays a major part in how it ultimately plays out. ok videos/thread for yesterday semi final up since this morning, the off-the-record third one I'll produce it now again that it broke during the night so it should be up in some hours. the stats for this I don't have as in UnFreeZe (if this gets/keeps going I could add them in the future but I don't even really think they make that much sense for this) so I'll just post there the score outputs from the game. as seen there and as noted in game clearly aimer went as man of the match with three out of the four captures in total yesterday and he goes as the key player of the night that ultimately made the difference. for the rest as commented I think forza fared much better than anticipated which just shows how unpredictable ctf really is. they definitively displayed some solid defensive game and went from less to more, having the initiative in the second and even ending up outscoring 531:483 team community in the last, well played.
champi
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: Champi

Post by champi »

FraG_MasiN wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:21 oasago2 is good map max for 4vs4 gg all :thumbup:
People play 12 vs 12 in OASAGO2 in OpenArena :mrgreen: :)
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

Also I'd like to sign up Pagon as a 6th/potential sub in case someone are missing so we can preserve 5v5
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

unfortunately at this point I don't think that's gonna be possible.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok cup results already updated with this night game so we finally have a final match up here between ahu clan and team community initially scheduled for the next Sunday 3 of March of 2024 21:00 CET (UTC+01) so those involved please start thinking about such date and get back about availability along with the rest of the choices that we'll discuss now within the next days. for the grand final I think that we can probably vary the format a little since as it finally ended up become more or less competitive the current best of three format falls a bit short for a grand final then I think that we can probably do instead a four games grand final played in a-b-b-a order where each team picks three maps, then the opponent blocks one and in case of final tie (i.e. 2:2 in games) the draw is broken by the scorecards (captures then score as noted in the results). additionally after evaluation and revision of these semi finals from what I saw I think that we all (at least those involved) can agree in removing dc_map23 and replacing it instead with dboxctf2a (aka ospctf2) already that should be A+ choice for this so the final pool I think that should be q3ctf1, q3ctf2, dboxctf2a, crewctf, mkbase, oasago2, mpteam9 by now. for another potential edition I think that we can also probably replace as well q3ctf1 with something else (ex. q3wctf2) that from what I saw this night it has started to not really work already at this level along with probably also tune oasago2 (from what I saw/tested today probably just drop a powerup and a red armor instead of a yellow armor). in that sense so far they will stick and just in case of a drawn out game I'll simply start removing the lowest scores of each team every some minutes (i.e. when deem appropriated) during the sudden death as it already happened.

ok this also gives the third place match up between forza and gsp initially scheduled for the next Thursday 29 of February of 2024 21:00 CET (UTC+01). as said being a small more casual cup this time is not mandatory per se however giving the circumstance from what I saw I think there's room to make it happen therefor I would like to encourage those involved (forza and gsp) to make it happen. overall I believe that it should probably play out similar to yesterday game, that's it, fair enough and additionally given there's interest/agreement it could optionally also be played as a undercard with this time mixed up pre computed teams to be posted here if that's more preferable. in that sense that had also been requested before another of the takeaways of the tournament I think is that as can be seen here this only kicked off once it got open to free teams so that should make clear and prove my judgement that people always chose and prefer to play/participate with their own teams (be it regulated and/or in some other way) that just at "random" when organising a league and that's what works and not the other way around.

great and I think that's it with the semi finals by now, as usual videos being produced now so expect them tomorrow online here. as for the second semi final itself pretty strong showing from ahu clan that pulled a remarkable victory against a notorious gsp team that also made great plays with a titanic effort in the second game that went the distance. probably the best game so far in terms of quality I think it has been the off the record mkbase with I believe it proved exactly why it's there on the pool despite the controversies. in the individual side the regard of the man of the match goes to ahu-jonas with a almost unbreakable defensive display this night that secured his team overall clean sheets 5:0 captures victory this night. ggs.
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

ggs
My pov:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yeah ggs, well played yesterday. ok now let me know when you can then if the current date of this Sunday 3 of March of 2024 21:00 CET (UTC+01) works for your team to play the grand final against community along with your choices for this this time. remember that this time for the grand final you pick three maps instead of two and that dboxctf2a has been added in replacement of dc_map23 that from what I saw it just did not click with the people around here. it will be played at four games with the eventual draw being broken by the scorecards as noted in the results and as it already happened in the event of drawn out/unwinnable games I'll just start removing the lowest scores of each team every few minutes during the sudden death as deemed appropriate.

as for the third place final/potential undercard game this week I already sent invitations for that to those involved thus now just waiting to hear back (or not) from that. initially as I computed it before considering that ctf is pretty much impossible to predict to some extend the current forza-gsp match up should be basically similar to the Saturday game which in my opinion it was fair enough therefore I think it's a interesting game to make it happen. alternatively in case there's interest on that the teams I computed for a potential undercard game based on these games are iron, miro, lisa, agi, maka as red team and tuby, orgi, gladi, masin, ribx as blue team with me as backup/change as necessary therefore those involved let me know if you're up for any of that. initially the date would be this Thursday 29 of February of 2024 21:00 CET (UTC+01) though it can be rescheduled as usual if necessary.
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

Ok 3rd edit and hopefully last. Next sunday we all can make it , same squad.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

community just said now they can't do Sunday but can the Monday 4 at the same 21:00 CET (UTC+01) time. other than the Sunday then what other day your team can play this within these days? let me know about that when you can along with the picks.