February 2024 community event

fpsclassico february 2024 ctf mini-cup - ahu clan champions
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

February 2024 community event

Post by adminless »

ok as I think that I finally finished updating/testing my computer these weeks, so I hope that it should work by now, I was thinking in setting up another, different from UnFreeZe now, event this month therefor I don't know who would be interested in participate on that?

as usual the plan this time would be either a ctf or ffa event as the duels I assume that they are discarded. for ctf given the case I collected a few suitable maps so I believe that may be even a small straight up cup could be arranged among the registered teams (i.e. four teams, semis then final), given there's interest in that. the map pool could be q3ctf1, mkbase, crewctf, oasago2, mpteam9, q3ctf2, dc_map23 and the format 5vs5 best of three at 7 captures or 20 minutes (what happens first) then let me know if some of the UnFreeZe registered teams are interested in making it happen otherwise people can just sign up as well individually if they want to participate and if it happens then the teams will just be fairly arranged as usual. also there's the possibility for another ffa event too (still to determine date and maps etc) in case the ctf is not a option so those interested just make sure to join here to discuss it. for the dates, it will ultimately be agreed once everyone joins and it's known what's going to be played but it should finally be played within this month approx.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Re: February 2024 community event

Post by aimer »

Really cool to see a CTF event for a change!
Not sure if team community will participate yet (still gathering interest), but in any case i am definitely down to play in a team.

Given there are less active CTF players in this community, it might be easier to arrange a few teams for a small tourney if you accept games to be also played 4v4 👀
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yeah I think that given the case 4vs4 could be a option too but 5vs5 would be better if possible as I selected those maps with that target in mind otherwise for 4vs4 may I would have to reevaluate the pool. anyways as it's gonna be a short thing (two games at most for each team) just with five people should be enough so probably you don't need the whole (eight players) team assembled for this. great noted then and we talk as said if some teams show up I think that it could be a fun idea if not if can just be set up some normal community game as usual. we'll see.
Gladiat0r
User lv2
User lv2
in-game nick: *DT*^GLADIAT0R / *DT*NoobsHunter

Post by Gladiat0r »

I will participate
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great noted now then. we're two so far then I guess. btw ask your friends if they want to participate as well, either as a team, or individually. as said, I think that it would be fun to host a small ctf cup this time if possible.
pks
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pks »

I'd be interested, given availability of course.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

fantastic noted noted now, let's see if more people join then. I guess later today I'll send some invitations here and then we'll see. as usual if in some days or so by the next week we're not at least ten in for this then it just won't happen.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

Update! Team community would like to participate as a team. At the moment we have 4 confirmed players: aimer, pks, fau, mywife (more may follow).

Looking forward to challenging any other team that joins 😬!
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

pks wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:01 I'd be interested, given availability of course.
Your name pks, it means

Pacman kills seriously?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@aimer exciting news then I'll note your team for this and let's see if some other teams do the same too. if not probably I can try to just assemble a (normal) team for the occasion (ex. gladiator etc etc).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, sent invitation now to some 17 people here in the forum and then we'll see who reaches back to participate on this.
tubylec
User lv2
User lv2

Post by tubylec »

I haven't played CTF, it might be interesting. If I could join that would be great :)
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

tubylec wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 19:50 I haven't played CTF, it might be interesting. If I could join that would be great :)
You don't want to play CTF with reil available then lol in space
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

I will participate too, pacman too :> ( hey pac :3 )
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure sounds good, let's if some of the registered teams want to participate if not probably you can just team up, glad, tuby and lisa together and with a few more guys it should be done to at least make a ctf game against the registered community team so let's give it some days and then stay tuned the next week or so to organize this.