8-) gg was fun, masin and miro rulesss
:clap:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: February 2024 community event

Post by adminless »

hehe nop this time the mvp of the event was fau with 4 captures and 196 points. here is the leaderboard of the event for the first two games that are the ones that count:
  1. fau: 4 captures, 196 points (49 points/capture)
  2. aimer: 3 captures, 222 points (74 points/capture)
  3. masin: 2 captures, 118 points (59 points/capture)
  4. miro: 1 capture, 249 points (249 points/capture)
  5. drum: 1 capture, 88 points (88 points/capture)
the third was a bit more balanced (as that was clearly a overpowering red team) but still the overall difference lies in the fact that the red team converted 820 points in just one capture while the blue team with just 675 points managed to deliver 10 captures. for comparison with a much lesser difference (816:728) ahu for example produced a 5:0 caps result win the past week on the semi final.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok videos up now for yesterday games so hopefully I think that everything, stats included, should be ready for the grand final. as for the teams topic as I just uploaded this now I just realised that another way to view that is that believe it or not, yesterday red team included none other than three out of the current top five rated players in these games for a total combined rating of 1093 against literally a team containing the latest place and a entry level player that wasn't even in the list of participants averaging in total 996 points of rating (i.e. around 100 points less). as usual I know that for the most part that's a ffa rank and that there's a lot more to the game than just some artificial "rating" metric still you can not pretend to assemble like the top five players in the rank to fight literally last places, it doesn't work like that, so based on the data I think that it's fair to say that if red team underperformed yesterday it wasn't due lack of players and/or shit balance specially considering the maps that ultimately got played were all mostly fighting/tdm skill driven rather than really ctf skill driven.
champi
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: Champi

Post by champi »

Denzoa and Jonas can't make it today... We need cT and Manty playing ( They're worse than Jonas and Denzoa )
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok unlucky, as I said, for this is probably not a big deal as it was more a start up cup that said, know that in the event of another edition or a UnFreeZe event such changes are not allowed. thanks for the input, noted now.
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

cT also has an emergency call and has to work nightshift , we gonna use pagon instead. Me,Juju,Manty,Shantu are ready...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

lol ok.
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

Not even a meme , I'm seriously getting pissed at this point xd
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

ggs to AHU, great game!
thanks to admin for organizing
community team, thanks for having me
thanks to my fans for motivating me to give my best
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yeah ggs a bit more disorganised and unbalanced overall that I would have liked it to but still a great tournament (beyond expectation) all the same so thank you everyone for participate. as usual just updating stats and scores now as usual along with the videos for tomorrow so stay tuned.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

ggs and thanks for organizing :) It was more fun than I expected and I feel I'd enjoy even longer tournament and more games, if there were more teams. But I can only speak for myself.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

Congrats to Ahu, well deserved victory and thanks adminless for organising it, short but fun :)
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

No Rosik No party!
Ahu!
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

The war is not over yet , Ahu want more CTF
viewtopic.php?t=1864
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as said, I'll try and we'll see how it plays out but don't think that team UnFreeZe will probably do much better than team community today at this. for the most part this night team community was pretty solid. from what I talked so far the UnFreeZe guys aren't exactly hyped to play this so if anything I'll let you know. ok, results added and revised now, no surprises ahu won the tournament although team community kept the score relatively close, more than it seemed to me in-game. interestingly ahu best game in terms of performance was mpteam9 that despite the critics I think it was a blast and worked great. apparently team community did a good job in crewctf but RH clearly did make a difference here with a jonas style level of defence that team community just couldn't get past to score. I think that probably community best game was mkbase with great plays but unfortunately for them ahu superior team play and ctf experience proved to be too much for them to succeed. on the individual side at the tournament summary you also have the leader board to keep track of that which for reference is as follows (only including the in-record games):
  1. juju: 5 captures, 482 points (96.4 points/capture)
  2. Shantu: 5 captures, 288 points (57.6 points/capture)
  3. aimer: 4 cpatures, 338 points (97 points/capture)
  4. fau: 3 captures, 354 points (118 points/capture)
  5. Denz0a: 3 cpatures, 313 points (104.3 points/capture)
  6. Manty: 3 cpatures, 255 points (85 points/capture)
  7. cT: 3 captures, 54 points (18 points/capture)
  8. champi: 1 capture, 461 points (461 points/capture)
  9. jonas: 1 capture, 199 points (199 points/capture)
that means that then juju on top of winning the championship with his team goes as the mvp of the tournament with five captures and 482 points (also the most in that list though). and I think that should be all with this, as said, when I started the thread the expectation was pretty much none (i.e. a random game or two) but yes I believe that finally it ended up turning also a exciting event. I guess the next I'll try to organise, beside a eventual special ctf show match if it happens, will be some UnFreeZe tournament the next month or so but given the case I think that probably by the summer or some time later on may be a more organised ctf event can probably be arranged so as usual stay tuned.