February 2024 community event

fpsclassico february 2024 ctf mini-cup - ahu clan champions
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: February 2024 community event

Post by adminless »

@champi any updates on this? although there's still some time left I think that it would probably be good to already go knowing when and what it's going to be played on the grand final against community.

for the rest it's been a few days already and there has been no progress about the potential third place final of the tournament therefore I assume that it just won't happen so I think that I'll just go for that community undercard game this week with mixed up teams computed for balance to enjoy the game and have a good time instead. for reference here is as well the public card that I PM'ed now to everyone involved so if someone didn't received it or anything just let me know.
  • event: fpsclassico ctf mini cup 24 - undercard game
  • teams:
    • red: iron, miro, lisa, agi, maka
    • blue: tuby, orgi, gladi, masin, ribx
    • backup/reserves: me
  • date: Friday 1 of March of 2024 21:00 CET (UTC+01)
  • server: fpsclasico.eu:27965 or fpsclasico.de:27965
  • maps: crewctf , dc_map23 , mpteam9
  • format: three 5vs5 ctf games scored at 7 captures or 20 minutes, mpteam9 caplimit can be raised in-game if found too low
  • important: make sure to have installed at least those maps before joining the server
and I think that should be it so as usual there's probably no need to confirm as whatever the case is I'll just show there anyways so those interested and available at such time make sure to join the game to make it happen otherwise obviously it just won't and then that will be it with this thus as noted there just to be safe (as it's not guaranteed) if somebody else (i.e. 1-4 more people) from that list is interested in participate feel free to join here as well and I'll add you to this.

have fun
champi
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: Champi

Post by champi »

Still waiting some confirmations , everyone works and have volatile schedules. Can't give a definitive answers yet. Sunday is the only day everyone are available since none of my mates work on weekends. Monday Jonas may or may not be around at 9 p.m, depends of his work demand, that's why I'm delaying to give a confirmation.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no problem, thanks for the update when you know let me know then.
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

Friday 9 p.m?
Monday is a big no , as predicted , 2 of my guys will only be available at 22:30 , too late imo.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I believe that they also miss one for that day (and the whole weekend) so may be the best option is just to delay it until the next week like the next Friday 8 of March of 2024 21:00 CET (UTC+01) for example otherwise it could be played 4vs4 but I assume nobody really wants that and it's better to just wait. in any case, go already thinking what three maps you want to pick from the pool for this, that should be all set within this week.

additionally for the undercard game some people commented that the Friday was no good date for them, if the Sunday this (the final) is not gonna played may be that's a better option for the undercard game. let me know about that too those involved.
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

Next Sunday we'll not available either... I don't know... We'll see if we can do it during the week next week. To avoid delaying to much they can USE a sub/replacement . I don't care about skill , can even be miroslav , I just wanna see this tournament done as soon as possible. Delays ruin the hype.

Edit 1) Same maps, CREWCTF(SHINNING FORCES) and CTF2
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

agree, I also do not like delays, moreover in regular seasons they are not even allowed (just like that) as they don't even work since they completely break the calendar. here I don't care that much as there's no next match so one week delay it shouldn't be that much of a deal but still I agree that it should be preferable to play it within the initially established time frame. well, we'll see what can be done, if you don't mind about them having a replacement for the Sunday given that it was a start up tournament exceptionally neither I do although I believe that if the next Friday 8 of March night works that should be a better option.

ok noted that now although for the final you need to pick three maps instead of two as it will be played at four maps instead of three (in case of tie it will be decide by the scorecards) as to make it more competitive so let me know which your third map is.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@champi btw they have just said that they are ok with those maps so they probably prefer to skip the blocks this time and thus there's no need now for you to pick a third map. additionally they already picked mpteam9 and mkbase so that's what will be played and there will be no blocks this time. the final will then go crewctf, mpteam9, mkbase, q3ctf2. as usual make sure all your guys have at least installed those specific posted versions of those maps. for the rest they also said they are currently working in trying to make it to the Sunday if possible so when I know something I'll keep you updated here.
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

Yes we have to finish it fast , Jonas has just informed me next week he'll be working even as late as 11 p.m... like I said his schedule is volatile. If nothing works, I'd like to request Manty or cT to replace Jonas and we are good.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no problem, community just confirmed this for the Sunday today so PM for that sent now to both of you so check it out and if anything just let me know. as usual for reference here it's as well the public card:
  • tournament: fpsclassico ctf mini cup 2024
  • stage: grand final
  • match-up: Ahu Clan VS Team Community
    • Ahu Clan: champi, juju, deno, jonas, shantu, ct
    • Team Community: aimer, pks, fau, mwhq3, edversion, semi, miro
  • server: fpsclasico.eu:27965 or fpsclasico.de:27965
  • date: Saturday 3 of March of 2024 21:00 CET (UTC+01)
  • maps: crewctf , mpteam9 , mkbase , q3ctf2
  • format: four 5vs5 ctf games scored at 7 captures or 20 minutes with sudden death
  • notes: in case of a final 2:2 tie at games the title will be decided by the scorecards as noted in the tournament results, that's it, by overall captures then combined score during the grand final. to be safe that there's not a premature stoppage the capture limit will be raised to 10 in mpteam9.
  • important: make sure to have installed (and tested) those specific maps before coming to the server
for the rest do not forget those involved that tomorrow night there's scheduled a undercard game to celebrate the tournament, it appears that probably there can still be one spot left so if someone around that haven't participated yet wants to take it do not hesitate to join here.
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

Good , I'll inform my team.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ggs guys, well played, thank you everyone that showed and participated this night. as usual videos and hopefully stats already coming.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

ggs
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

ggs , thanks everyone for playing!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yeah I think it was fun. on the balance topic, as I said, ctf is the way it's, unpredictable and therefor it just can not be balanced like that (i.e. like UnFreeZe). that said I just reviewed the stats now and team red actually like smashed team blue statistically speaking like 60%-40% on almost any metric (kills, damages, accuracy etc) beside the captures so if they under performed in terms of actual ctf gameplay I don't think it was due the lack of players specially considering the maps that were finally played were all entry level basic maps.