exec hardcore customization

User's Guides & Help forum.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

exec hardcore customization

Post by NoobKilla »

Is it possible to customize this mod? All is good, but my mouse sensitivity always returns to default one after exec hardcore is run. I added it to autoexec.cfg, but not sure if seta sensitivity instruction is executed after exec hardcore call as in the menu the mouse sensitivity bar is always the same, at the same position, the default one, so I have to move it in the menu, but it's a waste of time, so is it possible to change it within that hardcore? Is there a separate config file? Also on the map, green goo is not green, so you do not know not to step into it. Also bars on the ground are rendered as a see through holes, so the map while it's gray, which is good, is not fully rendered so you do not know where you're stepping onto or whether you may fall down or not, it's a problem.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: exec hardcore customization

Post by adminless »

you should only really need to exec that command once and after that it should stick. if you need to exec it every time then most likely than not there's something you're probably not making right. moreoever they should not interfere with whatever mouse setting you have. obviously all those graphic "optimizations" comes at a "cost" (i.e. trade off) in terms of playability (i.e. harder to navigate/"confusing" maps as the textures/effects form part of the 3D visuals "effect") hence why they are called "hardcore".
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I don't know, second mouse button gets deleted every time I run exec hardcore and it binds to jump key, which is not I set it to do, it's zoom button in my case. It's very odd, that never happened before, the only difference is that I ran exec hardcore and once I did that it changed quite a lot of things for me, not just visual parts. Well, thanks anyway.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

...umm, just a quick question. I'm not able to return to classic looks from this hardcore mode, how can I do that? Hope this is not permanent, that would be just awful, since I'm not that familiar with many of the maps.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Ok, zen is better visually for me. I will play some with those exec options to see which is the best, but zen seems to be showing everything, it's still very simplistic and gray, but everything is rendered.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

\exec standard is the way to get back to "standard" settings. as for the mouse button change, yes, that's normal, that also goes with the setting changes (to be safe).
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Thanks!
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

@noobkilla id be willing to give you a bit of guidance in the world of writing a config etc and introduce you to the world of q3. let me know if you'd like that.I could take a bit of time on the weekend.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

@fernandinho1337 no need, I found lots of tutorials on the internet. I know autoexec.cfg is being executed after main cfg is loaded, I know what most of parameters mean, not all, but there's a reference to all of them on the internet. I don't want to place the link here, unless Adminless wants me to. Or, I'll just put it here for reference and Adminless can remove it if it's not supposed to be here:

http://www.joz3d.net/html/q3console.html
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

NoobKilla wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 23:12but there's a reference to all of them on the internet.
Don't tell anyone but you could check quake-3-config.php :silent:
newb.zi (stats · system)
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

^ Thanks! And thanks to Adminless and everyone who participated in making the comprehensive manual! Just a little suggestion, if you permit me. Maybe place that link on the FILES/DOWNLOAD section as IMPORTANT.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

tar wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 0:53
NoobKilla wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 23:12but there's a reference to all of them on the internet.
Don't tell anyone but you could check quake-3-config.php :silent:
Nice work tar!

It helped me a lot!

Thx!