CTF Saturday party 8pm

Quake III Arena classic game servers forum.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

CTF Saturday party 8pm

Post by NoobKilla »

It's just a suggestion. We just played CTF and it started 3vs3, but ended 2vs2, it was still a lots of fun, but playing with so few players is not as fun as playing with full server, so maybe you should make it a thing, like what Glacius is, Fridays and Sundays 8pm Glacius, maybe Saturdays 8pm CTF server? It worked really well, the server, for me, even with the crappy connection of mine.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: CTF Saturday party 8pm

Post by adminless »

if you meant that to me, I did not start any glacius thing, the "community" did rather than me. I just really put the server and then are the guys around here that make it work rather than me. I don't really get involved in that beyond that (i.e. setting the server and the technical aspect). as for the ctf yes I guess that after the UnFreeZe things end in these next weeks or so another different event can be setup either a ffa game that it's also fun or some ctf game given there's enough interest in that so we'll see as usual.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

CTF is more fun than FFA in my opinion, because you have the flag, like the ball you need to pass on to reach the goal and 2 teams. In FFA you just have chaos without any rules at all, everyone is firing at everyone else, makes no sense.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

So, is anyone coming to the CTF party tonight at 8pm CET? I don't want to be the only one among all the girls with big boobs drinking all the booze and stuff.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Karen told me she doesn't know the rules. CTF is a game mode in which you need to take a FLAG from enemy's team and bring back to your team's base, where your own flag is located and you can score only if your own flag is in place, so if it isn't your team needs to find holder of your flag, kill him and touch the flag for the flag to be teleported back to the base at which point if your teammate holding the enemy flag is there you score. There are different strategies team can take to outsmart the opposing team, but that's up to you. It takes some time to get good at it and a teamwork is key to winning, but is very fun mode to play. Maps are symmetrical, so what you see on your side, it's the exact same on your opponents side, just a different colors, color of their team. For example, if you're red, your side is red, your flag is red, etc. So it's kinda like rugby. It's would be stupid for everyone to jump around going for the flag, unless it's a noob team. Usually one or more are playing the defense, guarding the flag or the area near the flag, you have the middle players, they're usually at the center, playing the mid-field and then there are attackers. It's possible to play different strategies, but it's up to you to figure it out on your own. It's a sport-type of mode, very fun, you should try it. We don't need many players 4vs4 is fun, even 3vs3 works, but it might take long time to gain the advantage as the play is quicker and more fun with more players. Too bad most of you playing Unfreeze do not want to give it a try, there are much more of your than the CTF server can take. I guess only the bravest and smartest play CTF.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

NoobKilla wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 19:57 Karen told me she doesn't know the rules. CTF is a game mode in which you need to take a FLAG from enemy's team and bring back to your team's base, where your own flag is located and you can score only if your own flag is in place, so if it isn't your team needs to find holder of your flag, kill him and touch the flag for the flag to be teleported back to the base at which point if your teammate holding the enemy flag is there you score. There are different strategies team can take to outsmart the opposing team, but that's up to you. It takes some time to get good at it and a teamwork is key to winning, but is very fun mode to play. Maps are symmetrical, so what you see on your side, it's the exact same on your opponents side, just a different colors, color of their team. For example, if you're red, your side is red, your flag is red, etc. So it's kinda like rugby. It's would be stupid for everyone to jump around going for the flag, unless it's a noob team. Usually one or more are playing the defense, guarding the flag or the area near the flag, you have the middle players, they're usually at the center, playing the mid-field and then there are attackers. It's possible to play different strategies, but it's up to you to figure it out on your own. It's a sport-type of mode, very fun, you should try it. We don't need many players 4vs4 is fun, even 3vs3 works, but it might take long time to gain the advantage as the play is quicker and more fun with more players. Too bad most of you playing Unfreeze do not want to give it a try, there are much more of your than the CTF server can take. I guess only the bravest and smartest play CTF.
Listen man DT Aboba said he's waiting for a duel with you , said he suffers more packet loss than you, and that crisp manufacturers won't hire him , and he ready to beat you

So when you ready ? Duel? Arrange it man cmon zzzzzzz
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I'm only interested in CTF. Aboba and I we played CTF some, it started ok 3vs3, but then 2vs2 and it was pointless. So we need more players. You interested? If you are, next Saturday 8pm CET.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

@PacMan, it doesn't matter if my ping on the server is 20-40ms, it's the late and lost packets, and even the ping is bad, only the lowest is displayed on fpsclassico servers, see the picture, I just finished playing unfreeze and the ping was 46 in the list, but in reality it was like this:
shit quality of connection.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

NoobKilla wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 21:31 @PacMan, it doesn't matter if my ping on the server is 20-40ms, it's the late and lost packets, and even the ping is bad, only the lowest is displayed on fpsclassico servers, see the picture, I just finished playing unfreeze and the ping was 46 in the list, but in reality it was like this:

shit quality of connection.jpg
Listen man , your full of packets (sh**)

First it's packet loss and your saying ping make your mind up

Anyway you want to fight him or I just tell him you ran away with madness somewhere lol

:thumbup:
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

It's both, I provided only a test for ping this time, just to show you that it's not only lost and late packets as those were provided before by me, already. But here it is again, just done now, it's a different kind of test provided on different website:
packet loss test.jpg
You may think 2.9% lost packets is not much, in multiplayer games it can make a difference, when you shoot bullets and those bullets just do not register. But those late packets are as good as lost as I already explained to you. Ask Adminless if you do not believe me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

... so, to sum it all up, as Adminless already explained to you, dueling will change nothing, I simply do not stand a chance in any of the modes of the game, including duel, or any multiplayer game. Shouldn't be that hard to understand LOL
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

NoobKilla wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 0:13 ... so, to sum it all up, as Adminless already explained to you, dueling will change nothing, I simply do not stand a chance in any of the modes of the game, including duel, or any multiplayer game. Shouldn't be that hard to understand LOL
So you will stand a chance in CTF?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

yeah pac I think that you also need to relax and stop pressing this guy at every single opportunity like that and let it be. I mean, I know it goes both ways but at this point it's starting to look unecessary and wrong to be honest. I don't think this time the guy was looking for any more beef.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

@Adminless LOL, I never looked for any beef, I can assure both of you! We were just having fun playing once and I really wanted to play the duel as I never played it before I joined your community. Sure, I played 2-3 unofficial duels, on your server, before the official against PacMan. It wasn't beef, it was interesting to me, but due to crappy connection, which you know all about, I didn't enjoy it.

@PacMan CTF however, somehow, worked awesome for me, I don't know if it was a period of relaxed internet, when there were no other users stalling my bandwidth, but ask Aboba, I played it really well and connection was just flawless. We didn't play long, maybe 20-25 minutes, but it was a smooth ride! You're tight with Aboba, right? Ask him, he's the one who invited us to join him on CTF server, I joined immediately. Shame what started as a 3vs3, changed into 2vs2 and ended up 1vs1, which makes CTF pointless to play.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 0:37 yeah pac I think that you also need to relax and stop pressing this guy at every single opportunity like that and let it be. I mean, I know it goes both ways but at this point it's starting to look unecessary and wrong to be honest. I don't think this time the guy was looking for any more beef.
Ok ok dude

But I think NoobKilla knows we are playing right?