Forgot password not working!

Computing Support forum.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Forgot password not working!

Post by NoobKilla »

Hey Adminless, I forgot password and requested twice, but there was nothing sent to my email, that was like 2 days ago. Anyway meanwhile I remembered the password and managed to login, but still the "forgot password" is not sending anything to an email. Also the notifications on this forum, when you click them they do not take you to the thread/ topic at all, nothing happens.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Forgot password not working!

Post by adminless »

yes I noticed some server errors related with that along these days from your end. it seems to me like you're just doing it wrong as just to be safe I tried now to rescue your password and at least this time the server did not throw any error so check your mail now (don't forget to review the junk folder if needed) to make sure that indeed works. remember that what you need to enter at the forgot password screen is actually your registered email address not you username.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I'm a part of many forums, I know how it's done and the only forum on which it doesn't work is yours. I did nothing wrong, provide email address twice and it told me to look in the spam folder which I did and it was empty every time I looked for the past 2 days. I did it twice btw, so...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yeah, have you checked now that I tried (after the Thursday 30 of November of 2023 14:45 CET [UTC+01]) as I told you?
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Empty spam folder. Then I logged out, clicked forget pass and filled again with my email, nothing in spam again, nothing at all. Then I logged in with my current password and then your forum asked me to enter email for it to send me a new password. This is not how it's supposed to work, members who forgot passwords can't login, so why would it ask me to change password when I logged in?
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

You can try it yourself, register as a member and see it for yourself, I'm not joking, many things are broken, like notifications section too, when you click on the notification it's supposed to send you to the thread where new post is located, but it does nothing, it just shows entire forum message board.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

there was a issue with your regional forum langpack that was breaking the password reset which explains your specific issue (obviously it wasn't affecting normally other users). I just sent you now a password reset email in English instead that I can assure you that it was delivered this time so check it out and let me know if you didn't receive it or something. I'll just patch that langpack glitch later on. as for notifications not leading anywhere that can happen in cases of spam that got removed before you checked the forum, no big deal.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

It was delivered. So the language pack, which I didn't pick btw, my English is good, is breaking your forum. I'll change the language.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Um, well, you sent me from your personal admin account. I just changed to English, restarted and requested password reset, nothing came to me, but then I logged using my current password and it asked me to input my email to send password reset, which is ridiculous since it has my email as I just logged in using my current password.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

dude, as usual you seem to not even get it, you can not request more than one password reset per 24 hours for obvious reason, it's even written there the fact that there's a limit. I just cleared your requests now so fell free to try for yourself once again if it's working and let me know. and as I told you I'll just patch that langpack issue later on so there's probably no need to change language. when you create a account the forum automatically sets the account language based in the location (provided such language is installed of course).
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Ok, I'm trying, the language is English, wait...
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

It's working!!! ... and it's not in spam!
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 16:55 dude, as usual you seem to not even get it, you can not request more than one password reset per 24 hours for obvious reason, it's even written there the fact that there's a limit. I just cleared your requests now so fell free to try for yourself once again if it's working and let me know. and as I told you I'll just patch that langpack issue later on so there's probably no need to change language. when you create a account the forum automatically sets the account language based in the location (provided such language is installed of course).
Any chance the time is shortened for sending another message on forum ,

After all I need to wind NoobKilla up for 12months before the rematch :D :D :D
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

:lol: :clap: :lolno: very funny bro!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@pacman I think that one message per minute for a public forum is a reasonable limit.

@noob I just fixed that langpack issue now so you can try to reset your password in your native language now if you want and let me know.