UnFreeZe Super League 2023, First Leg

UnFreeZe Super League 2023, First Leg History - Immortal Clan First Place
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by adminless »

I could take that as is not such a big deal but for consistency I'll enforce the deadline and will honor/respect the rest of the competitors that sooner or later but all has been meeting the deadlines so far. sorry about that, next time stay more responsive and stay tuned as well for the first leg last week schedules coming next week.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok finally here are the the cards for tomorrow and the Wednesday fights for public revision/interest as usual:
  1. match-up: Team Community VS Diablo Team
    • picks:
      • tier 2: bloodcovenant, storm3tourney1 (-)
      • tier 3: teddm1 (-), goldleaf
      • tier 1: q3dm7, pro-q3tourney2 (-)
    • maps: goldleaf, bloodcovenant, q3dm7
    • date: Tuesday 31 of October of 2023 21:00 CET
    • server: fpsclasico.eu:27968
    • gtv: fpsclasico.eu:27969
  2. match-up: Immortal Clan VS oKo Clan
    • picks:
      • tier 2: q3dm8, bloodcovenant (-)
      • tier 3: teddm1, cpm4a (-)
      • tier 1: q3dm7 (-), hub3tourney1
    • maps: teddm1, q3dm8, hub3tourney1
    • date: Wednesday 1 of November of 2023 21:00 CET
so now just waiting for ass picks (two from the second tier) for their Thursday fight against ilm within today the latest to continue with the process to finally finish setting up all the first leg fourth week fights of the UnFreeZe Super League 2023. great news, then later this night I'll post here the last round of fights that will finish (and likely) decide the first leg results so stay tuned to go discussing those along the week as usual. as said, for the second leg I'll update the calendar order to better reflect the real teams positions (as in the first leg that got messed up due late and unknown addition of teams) once we have the results of the fourth week that will provide a better picture so the fights anticipated as decisive doesn't come early and I will evaluate/consider if making any other changes to be announced here (initially no, I don't plan to as I haven't really observed any significant issues that could require adjustment so far). additionally those interested (ex. I don't know if diablo finally decided to change some members for the second leg or not) in making any team changes or signing up for the second leg do not forget that the (hard) deadline for that is the night of the next week Friday day 10 of November of 2023. also about the times keep in mind for those in other time zones that the central European daylight saving time (i.e. CET [UTC+02]) has ended this weekend making the default time zone of the dates advertised/posted here just CET (UTC+01) instead (i.e. the clock has been decreased by a hour).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey that yesterday night I got caught updating and reviewing the servers and I missed to post here the first leg last week initial fight schedules for discussion and agreement within this week as usual so here they are now:
  • Week 5
    • oKo Clan VS Team Community (Wednesday 8 of November of 2023 21:00 CET)
    • ASS Clan VS Immortal Clan (Thursday 9 of November of 2023 21:00 CET)
    • Diablo Team VS ILM Clan (Tuesday 7 of November of 2023 21:15 CET)
as said, that's really only the first half of the season, after that the second leg will start so stay tuned.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ggs guys, solid performance by team community that dominated all three games this night, well played guys.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

this morning I finally received the last remaining choices from ILM for the highly anticipated rematch of the previous season legendary match up against ASS that defined the season and that it's still being talked about till this day to be played tomorrow so here it's the public card for public revision/interest as usual:
  • match-up: ILM Clan VS ASS Clan
  • picks:
    • tier 2: pro-q3tourney7 (-), nodm9a
    • tier 3: bal3dm3, goldleaf (-)
    • tier 1: pro-q3tourney2 (-), hub3tourney1
  • maps: bal3dm3, nodm9a, hub3tourney1
  • date: Thursday 2 of November of 2023 21:15 CET
additionally ILM also communicated already that next week Tuesday date to fight against diablo doesn't work for them and offered instead the Thursday night to play that then now just waiting for diablo to confirm such date or provide another one to discuss along the next days as to leave that set within this week as usual. for the rest just as a reminder do not forget that these days the decisive fights (still at the wait of the last week of course) for the first leg will be played starting this night with Immortal-oKo, followed by ILM-ASS tomorrow and closing with the decisive Immortal-ILM the Friday that will shape where the teams currently stand in the first leg of the UnFreeZe Super League 2023. all the fights will be played on the primary fpsclasico.eu:27968 server so the gtv server to watch them live is fpsclasico.eu:27969 with the ILM ones starting 21:15 CET (UTC+01) as usual instead of the default 21:00 CET (UTC+01). have fun and good luck everyone.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

breaking!! out of the blue magi has finally entered the game to upset the season favorites in a terrific 1:2 away victory after losing the opening game for his team in the first come back of the season to heat up the first leg scoreboard in what's left of it. results and videos to follow as usual, hardcore games, specially the epic back and forth third, very well played both.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 21:55 breaking!! out of the blue magi has finally entered the game to upset the season favorites in a terrific 1:2 away victory after losing the opening game for his team in the first come back of the season to heat up the first leg scoreboard in what's left of it. results and videos to follow as usual, hardcore games, specially the epic back and forth third, very well played both.
Funny that , magi said he was never coming back ? Magi blood ass
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know, I wasn't even expecting him anymore, matter of fact I was expecting to end up kicking him (due lack of activity) at some point instead to be honest. not that they won just because of him of course, not taking anything away from the team job, but I think it's clear that was the piece (or someone else like nastia/d4widoV etc in his place) they were missing to be competitive and overall balanced with the rest of the teams around here as I was talking about and it's meant to be.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok everything up already with this night results and as this ended up being a battle of major proportions I'll render those inside so they will go completing along the night and tomorrow I'll upload them to YouTube as usual. out of all the possible results I think that this was the most open (and quite frankly unexpected) of them all, the biggest benefactor of this outcome is team community that now just with one fight left positions themselves as the only team that depends on themselves to capture the first place at the first leg. there's however a huge caveat to that, to accomplish that that they will need to pull off a 0:2 away win against none other than previous regular season undefeated team oKo the next week. if they (oKo) display the same form as this night that anticipates as another battle of epic dimensions. as for the stats of the night, I don't think they could be any more balanced to be honest, they show a combined virtual technical tie in basically everything so very well played both. I guess that then that should mean the overall fair play balance arbitration indeed works and I assume that this is not being a walk in the park just to collect another tittle or simply too easy/boring for anyone. it's unfortunate the absence of pride/sbornaya (or some variation/combination of it) as I always felt like I needed to hold them back in some way or another and the overall balance cap basically revolved around them (approx) but from what I see I think that's the case no more.

as for the format I think that it has really delivered (even beyond expectation) so I'll make the final decision by the weekend but I don't think I'll change anything and the second leg was clearly another great and necessary addition. not taking anything away from team community (it's just a example) but I think that for example crowing team community champions next week after pulling a 0:2 win against oKo (or anybody else from another combination of what's left for that matter) would come up short. in that sense I think I didn't explicitly mention it yet here but I assume it should be well known by now that in what follows all the remaining fights have to be played and honored the same independently of any results or their anticipated importance. the competition must be honored in full.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

in similar fashion as yesterday games, ilm finally managed to avenge that previous season defeat that truncated their way to the championship against the team that this time is none other than the current runner up in a disputed fight where each team took one map and the third was divided controversy included and that will pit them to battle tomorrow for the top positions in the first leg against the seceding team formed of the current champions none other than immortal. nevertheless a strong showing from ass that despite some serious technical issues from one of their members pulled off a remarkable second map where they showed great mastery so gss and very well played both.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

this morning I uploaded that as usual, terrific frags all over the place, ggs and very well played both, top plays. just as a reminder do not forget that this night 21:15 CET (UTC+01) at fpsclasico.eu:27968 (gtv fpsclasico.eu:27969) is the epic showdown for the current second place and per extension for the final first leg first place between former lineal champs ilm and the succeeding team of the current champs immortal although the final first leg winner it's probably not gonna be known until the last fight as even at this point virtually any position remain open to be taken. additionally this is the current state I have noted for such decisive fights:
  • Week 5
    • oKo Clan VS Team Community (Wednesday 8 of November of 2023 21:00 CET)
      • status: waiting for input from both teams along with picks starting with community two picks from the second tier within this weekend.
    • ASS Clan VS Immortal Clan (Tuesday 7 of November of 2023 21:00 CET)
      • status: this was initially scheduled for the Thursday but as ILM requested already the Thursday I think then this can be schedule for the Tuesday instead if that works for both so waiting for input from both teams about that along with picks starting with immortal two picks from the second tier within this weekend.
    • Diablo Team VS ILM Clan (Thursday 9 of November of 2023 21:15 CET)
      • status: ILM already informed that the initial date of the Tuesday did not work for them and instead offered to play this the Thursday then now just waiting for diablo to confirm as well such date or to come back with another one to leave this schedule within this weekend. additionally already waiting for picks from both teams starting with ilm two picks from the second tier within the next days.
do not forget about those and as usual do not wait until the last minute to come back about that regardless of the supposed order as it might be late by then.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

breaking, immortal has finally defended the second position (by now) after coming back from a loss on the opening game in a remarkable performance. as expected the stark contrast between picking the two most aggressive maps and the two most tactical maps in the entire map pools didn't really sit well and immortal ended up conceding the opening game in a superb ilm performance. probably led by the bad experience of their previous fight against oKo where they might had underestimated them and played total offense and ended getting caught this time immortal opted for a more tactical approach in hub3tourney1 instead. the thing is that you can not really play tactical in the second most aggressive map in the entire pool (the first being the other they had picked reqdm5) as there's really no room for it and ilm took advantage of that and simply controlled better the map and the game here and took a solid victory. unfortunately (for ilm) they just couldn't deliver in the second and somehow it felt like they faded away unable to break this time the more tactical and solid game displayed by immortal this nigh and when they tried they just weren't successful and got caught instead which cost them the equalizer. they (ilm) came back strong in the third (beyond expectations there) but obviously taking a map the majority of them didn't even have installed a week ago against a top contender and succeeding team of the actual current champions proved to be just way too much for them so immortal just got the job done to take it along the win that currently gives the second place at the wait of the last week fights. the result however implies that community simply needs to beat oKo in the last fight of the first leg to end up winning the first leg (which is a different story from winning the season and hence the championship that will be decided in the second leg) regardless of the score (i.e. no need for a 0:2 now). in any other case it will depend on the different results and scores so there's still nothing really decided. overall great games and very well played both this night.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, everything updated already with that, from how I see it key statistical and defining moment of the night, 29:12 on thaws in the second for immortal (i.e. close to 2.5 more times thaws). for the rest from what I saw from the first leg scoreboard I think that unless I missed some combination the other path for the first place would come directly from the ass-immortal match up. if community loses against oKo a immortal win in the last week will make then first leg winners regardless of any score combinations. the last possibility I normally see would be a 2:0 community loss and a 2:0 ass win would make ass winners then in the last fight of the first leg. in any case as can be seen even in the last week there's still a lot left to be decided not to mention about the also important intermediate (i.e. 2, 3, 4) positions particularly given there's a second coming right after so stay tuned.

speaking of that, at the time of writing I just got the diablo-ilm fight confirmed today for the Thursday night by both along with ilm picks, bloodcovenant and pro-dcmap7 for that so now just waiting for diablo to decide the rest (blocks from that, picks, order and server). about the rest (i.e. the decisive first leg finals oko-community and ass-immortal) I haven't heard anything yet then please do not forget the deadline to schedule that ends this Sunday night.
redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Post by redrum »

D ouble T rouble can make it Thursday 9 with ILM.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, version had already confirmed that yesterday on mail. as said, then go thinking about what two maps from the third tier and two from the first tier you wanna pick for this fight along with the order (first or third tier first) and the server (fpsclasico.eu:27968 or fpsclassico.com:27970) and let me know about that as well within the next days. additionally do not forget that if you want to make any changes for the second leg to your team you must clearly communicate them (by any means) within this week before the next Friday 10 of November of 2023 23:59:59 CET (UTC+01) the latest. in that sense, I've been reviewing these days the stats and the overall balance for the second leg and as feedback/suggestion I can tell you that from how I see I believe that you have some room/path for improvement. from what I see I believe that you probably overall currently have two competitive players noobshunter and maczus and two entry-level players franni and edversion good to retain. a solid upgrade path over that for the second leg I see that would make you more competitive and that I would allow would be then for you to replace the lower tiers (i.e. hode, rozpid, aboba) by three mvp tier players in the likes of previous 2022 season mvp ixsy, reigning uncontested undisputed undefeated fpsclassico masters super champion Miroslav and former undisputed champ and several times mvp nominee pride.blck (also odin could even eventually fit there in place of nastia given the case). I assume that probably some of those won't be interested in getting involved but that's just a example to give some names. I'm sure you should be able to fill those spots with other potentially similar names although I believe that probably if pride isn't gonna come back (as it seems the case) I think that pride.blck should at least be able to team up for the occasion that is active on a daily basis. for the second leg you can only make up to three changes over the first leg line up then over that in the future you could probably incorporate another fourth change with another competitive (this time not a top/over-the-top/mvp) player in the likes of noobzordofzords (or similar) by redrum for example. look the line up I computed for your team with previous players that I believe that it would be competitive (meaning not overpowering) and that I would allow for reference/base is ixsy, miroslav, nastia, noobzord, noobshunter, maczus, franni, edversion. if someone is interested in that I would even allow that (or similar) to be registered (off-the-record as team forza for example independent of the rest of the clans) and participate in the second leg. ok then I'll rename you as Double Trouble clan for the second leg in place of the default assignation of Diablo Team.

for the rest of teams/people as said I haven't received any other changes/additions for the second leg so far beside the audz/cliff change for ass so those interested please do not forget about such deadline. on that topic and related from what I have noted so far I believe that virtually all the teams have complied as well with the overall players rotation norms that requires that every registered player have played at least one in-record game (i.e. map) per leg already. the only exceptions to this rule I have noted are lee for team community and venum for oKo. there's probably still one week left for these players to participate and as I said I don't think that in the first leg I'm gonna enforce that as I don't think that has been a decisive/major factor (i.e. if team community finally manages to secure the first place at the first leg I don't think it will be solely because lee didn't show up in any game otherwise that wouldn't be the case) that being said considering everyone has fairly abide already to such rule it somehow comes out wrong to not so if they are finally not gonna participate it's strongly advised for these teams to get rid of these players (i.e. either remove them or replace them) themselves before end up having them kicked as that will be the case for players that haven't abide to that in the second leg. needless to say, neither lee nor venum (or for that matter other similar players) will be allowed to be replaced by the likes of ixsy, miroslav, nastia, odin or others for example (those mvp tier players could only replace other similar mvp tier players like among others ami, heero, blaze, olc, ricky, infinity etc at the moment for example) so some potential suggestions to replace those players would be for example puff in place lee or saltypeanut in place of venum. also xo is a solid option to consider here that could probably work well in place of either lee or venum without dramatically altering the competition and the overall fair play balance on both cases (approx). as said the deadline for that is this Friday so make sure to not miss it to make the most out of the second leg as no further changes will be allowed after that date.