UnFreeZe Super League 2023, First Leg

UnFreeZe Super League 2023, First Leg History - Immortal Clan First Place
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by adminless »

here is the card for the highly exciting match up between the last two editions runner ups ASS Clan and Team Community that promise to not fail to deliver:
  • match-up: ASS Clan VS Team Community
  • picks:
    • tier 2: nodm9a, phantq3dm1_rev (-)
    • tier 3: pro-q3dm6, reqdm5 (-)
    • tier 1: 7++ (-), goldleaf
  • maps: pro-q3dm6, nodm9a, goldleaf
  • date: Thursday 26 of October of 2023 21:00 CEST
  • server: fpsclassico.com:27970
  • gtv: fpsclassico.com:27971
PM for that already sent to walnut and fau so as usual review it and unless you spot some mistake or something that should be all set for the Thursday night at fpsclassico.com:27970 then good luck and have fun. as for the other remaining fight of the third week between immortal and ilm is virtually as well all set just pending to find a date that works for both of them as none of the provided so far of Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday appeared to have worked so it will just be set and leave pending to schedule a date. initially on last communications it appears such date could be this Friday, if not, then the Sunday or similar within these days will be tried.

ok, with that said then I think that it's time to move and introduce the fights and initial schedules for the fourth week fights of the first leg for the teams to start to consider within this week:
  • Week 4
    • Immortal Clan VS oKo Clan (Wednesday 1 of November of 2023 21:00 CET)
    • Team Community VS Diablo Team (Tuesday 31 of October of 2023 21:00 CET)
    • ILM Clan VS ASS Clan (Thursday 2 of November of 2023 21:15 CET)
additionally I re-upload this afternoon the yesterday third off-the-record game with the special render to this site that had the first round missing on YouTube just in case someone wanna check that out. btw speaking of that comment that after watching that game again ass clan has really shown that all of them have really gone a long way since they started joining these events and they proved that they are something more than a mvp caliber player. they are indeed a force to reckon with. on that topic initially I'll just upload all the matches to YouTube as it seems like the best option while this is on-going (I think that the new packages/formats have really made a difference and now the YouTube videos quality is the same if not better than the inside ones) and once the first leg finish then I'll render for the site the key fights for revision (as before this ends the key matches are not even really known) in case someone is interested on those. the same goes for all the historic records shown on the threads here, I'll update them once the leg ends as it looks like unnecessary trouble to update them virtually in a weekly basis.

finally on the maps/second leg picks topic brought previously here, as I said, I really believe that people trying to setup a fixed strategy literally months in-advance just like that is getting this wrong (i.e. throwing away any sort of adaptability to the different circumstances) and that's probably gonna hurt them themselves more in their own (without me doing) than benefit them. that being said after think about it and consider some options I believe that a good improvement that I believe that it can work good and address that potential format weakness without being a total mess (like having to deal with/carry potential mistakes being made in the first leg) to add for the second leg as well as base for future editions is just to make it that teams pick three maps from each tier instead of just two and then the opponent simply pick one from each of those. that way you'll make it even more exciting/varied and avoid any sort of fancy tactics (as far as I was able to think of) without dramatically altering the dynamic that has been working great so far. I think all the pools are big and good enough as to easily allow for that so that definitively looks like a solid option to me.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

and btw on the maps topic that I'm not sure if I explicitly mentioned it already but if somebody is wondering how I did come up with the specific maps for each tier I think that by looking at them it should be clear, they are strictly sorted by popularity (i.e. number of competitive plays) at the time of writing and then grouped, nothing else. for another event/edition they will obviously be different (according to what had been played up to that point or to some other criteria if necessary) hence adding variation to the game and ensuring that (virtually) each map has a fair chance of being selected/played and guarantee as well that every fight is formed by good and varied enough maps and not just the top tiers.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the fight of the night has ended! as expect, oKo managed to move past diablo 2:0 without much trouble despite diablo already starting show good improvements as a team after two hard loses on the previous weeks managing even to score four rounds in the opening game, hub3tourney1, where oKo is well known for their strength. the stellar moment of the night came in the 6vs5 off-the-record third game where six diablo players managed to seriously push (abiet the lack of magi) oKo current top formation into a very disputed neck to neck 10:9 game with alternatives on the scores for both teams. unfortunately (for diablo) they didn't fare as good in the second in-record game where cth presence proved decisive and too much to handle for diablo that couldn't do more but concede another 10:0 score. well played guys, interesting games.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok after ten days of talks at last here we have the fight card for the current battle that could potentially decide the first place in the first leg between the last cup champions immortal and former lineal champs ilm finally delayed until the Friday 3 of November 21:15:
  • match-up: Immortal Clan VS ILM Clan
  • picks:
    • tier 2: q3dm8, bloodcovenant (-)
    • tier 3: teddm1 (-), cpm4a
    • tier 1: hub3tourney1, reqdm5 (-)
  • maps: hub3tourney1, q3dm8, cpm4a
  • date: Friday 3 of November of 2023 21:15 CET
  • server: fpsclasico.eu:27968
  • gtv: fpsclasico.eu:27969
starking contrast between first tier and third tier immortal choices though, these guys went from picking the two most aggressive maps in the entire pool (hub and req) to the two most tactical/technical ones in the entire pool (ted and cpm4) so I think that it's gonna be very interesting to see how that plays out and how it sits then as usual review it just in case and if there's nothing wrong good luck, have fun and catch you all the next Friday in-game. in the mean time do not forget that tomorrow night is the epic battle between the two previous runner ups to decide who will stand as the runner up this time in another titanic battle for the first in the decisive rounds of the first leg of the UnFreeZe Super League 2023.

for the rest as said now with all the third week fights finally all set I think that is probably time for the teams to start considering and discussing the next week fights, immortal-oko, community-diablo, ilm-ass, initially planed for the Wednesday, Tuesday and Thursday nights respectively so do not forget about those to leave them set along this week.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the battle of the runner-ups has been decided with a very solid team community victory over ass clan 2:0 that keeps them (tc) alive in the dispute for the first place of the first leg although at the wait of other results. arguably one of the best team community games in the record despite lacking their important season reinforcement snek. unfortunately for other than the second game that was a huge neck to neck battle this night ass just couldn't keep up with the pressure and offense of team community, nevertheless, titanic effort from them (ass) and thanks to the clean score in the opening game against oko if they make a strong second leg they still remain with options to ultimately fight for the season top places. ggs guys, well played.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, everything updated already with this night stats and results and separate fight thread already opened. obviously this being a deciding moment in the first leg for team community I'll render those with the events render, as usual they'll go completing over the night (at a 1.5 hours per game approx) and tomorrow I'll upload them to YouTube as usual. I think it's very interesting how the stats tell a very different story from the in-game impression. the in-game feeling was that team community was just all over the place and this night outplayed ass however that couldn't be far from reality. stats speak instead of a neck to neck tightly balanced fight (as expected from a runner-ups match up) where ass indeed returned proper fire with 46111:45913 on damages and 133:131 on kills and where the real difference lied instead in the thawing performance where team community more than doubled ass with 48 thaws in favor of 21. that appears to suggests that despite the nasty loss on previous week team community is indeed in top shape and didn't loss focus and that may be they could have been underestimated in this fight by ass that perhaps assumed way to many risks. statistically it's also a relevant result as it leaves team community at least momentary as the top rated team in active at the season with 1731.39 points. considering that from what I've seen so far consistent ratings over 1750 typically results in championships I believe regardless of the final outcome of the first leg the second leg is gonna be really interesting to see how it plays out.
Edversion
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Edversion »

DT can play on suggested date (31.10; 21:00) vs Community
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great news then I guess that you can already go picking two maps from the second tier and let's see if team community confirms such date too. for the rest still waiting for input about the other fights immortal-oko initially for the Wednesday night and ilm-ass initially for the Thursday night then please let me know about those ones to schedule them no later than this weekend as usual.

other than that please notice that I just updated these days the map pool with the final version of 13excave that was released later this summer instead of the early beta/test version previously used. that's the map that will be played from now onward instead of the beta version so make sure to get it already (do not wait until match time). for other than just the typical lightning, alignment and other minor adjustments/improvement for a final release is just exactly the same map as the beta/test version, no changes. additionally in two weeks now (approx) the first leg will end then I think that it's time to open this for the teams to make any changes (up to three and depending on the circumstances) they want (i.e. players, names whatever) for the second leg. in that sense from what I've seen everyone registered has participated so far besides lee for team community, magi and venum for oko and masin for immortal. the rules read that players that have no participated in at least one in-record game will be kicked at the end of the respective leg. currently I don't think it's necessary to enforce that at the end of the first leg, that being said is still highly recommended that such teams use this window to get rid of those players themselves if it's that they are not gonna participate of course (i.e. kick them, change them). needless to say when submitting changes for the top teams the replacement player should be of similar skill as the player being replaced. for example oko could replace magi by another similar top/high profile player if they wish so but immortal can not replace masin (or any other member) by let's say Miroslav only by a similar low tier player. in any case who hasn't participated by the end of the second leg then will be kicked and I would like stress once again here that given a date as long as a team has five available registered players they must take it. unnecessarily delaying over and over matches in a regular season just waiting for some specific players or another to be available is explicitly forbidden. that's the way it's and that's part as well of the overall fair play balance that everyone counts and everyone plays. also there's still room for one more extra team in the second leg so if someone missed the first leg (ex. pride) but would still be interested in participate feel free to join/reach out here for the second leg.

the (hard) deadline to submit any changes/sign up for the second leg will be the next Friday 10 of November night although the reasonable (i.e. the soft deadline) would be go advertising this by the end of the next week, beginning of November rather than waiting for such (hard) deadline as to give some time to make any adjustments if necessary. given the changes the calendar for the second leg I won't post it until the first leg is decided and the changes/final teams are known (in case something changes) as to update it accordingly to avoid that the matches anticipated as decisive fall at the start of the leg. also I'll take this time to consider if making any changes to the format (ex. the picks that were discussed before) initially unless I spot some major deficiency (which as I'm saying it's not being the case so far) at the time of writing I believe that the best option is just to let it be and stick to the initial plan that seems to be working great so far. at the end of the day the remix maps where counted separately this time precisely to give them a popularity boost so there's probably no much need to limit that. finally I assume it's understood but just to be safe, despite any changes being announced over these weeks they won't enter in effect until the second leg starts (i.e. no changes will apply to what remains of the first leg).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@diablo hey community just confirmed now for the next Tuesday 31 night the fight so now just waiting to hear your two picks from the second tier within the next 24 hours max approx to leave that all set no later than the Monday so stay tuned. for the other two fights (immortal-oko Wednesday, ilm-ass Thursday) even by now waiting for any input (dates and picks already) about those, not looking good.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok as a last end of the week public reminder here is how the setting of the fourth week fights look like and therefore the list of pending tasks still left for the day:
  • Week 4
    • Immortal Clan VS oKo Clan (Wednesday 1 of November of 2023 21:00 CET)
      • status: oKo confirmed already yesterday for the Wednesday and picked q3dm8 and bloodcovenant therefore now just waiting for immortal to do the same and carry on with the rest of the picks or to clearly come back with a specific date or dates to play this the next week within today (Sunday 29 of October of 2023) prior 21:00 CET (UTC+01) otherwise by that time such date will remain whether they finally can meet it or not which in such case they'll incur in a no showing loss and I'll proceed to set the rest of the card as I see fit.
    • Team Community VS Diablo Team (Tuesday 31 of October of 2023 21:00 CET)
      • status: already agreed and confirmed by both teams. community already submitted yesterday all their choices therefor now just waiting for diablo to submit their two picks from the second tier for this fight within today prior 21:00 the latest as to announce community picks afterwards and continue with the blocks as to leave this completely set no later than tomorrow Monday 30 of October of 2023 21:00 CET (UTC+01).
    • ILM Clan VS ASS Clan (Thursday 2 of November of 2023 21:15 CET)
      • status: ILM confirmed already yesterday for the Thursday and communicated as well all their choices for this fight therefore now just waiting for ASS to do the same and pick as well two maps from the second tier or to clearly come back with a specific date or dates to play this the next week within today (Sunday 29 of October of 2023) prior 21:00 CET (UTC+01) otherwise by that time such date will remain whether they finally can meet it or not which in such case they'll incur in a no showing loss and I'll proceed to set the rest of the card as I see fit.
I hope I have made that clear so then later on in the event of any missed deadlines or anything there will be no controversies. once again, I repeat that at this point and overall in the context of a regular season there's no room to always/regularely be delaying fights like ten days like that. in that sense, when given a date as long as teams have at least five registered members available for a given date regardless of who they are they must take it or in the case of not being able to assemble a team within a reasonable time frame (i.e. a week) they should take instead the no showing loss. that's also part of the competition and what teams should as well consider when building up the teams (i.e. in addition to balance the skill balance as well the availability) and signing up to participate so enough said, I will not send any more reminders for the day either here in public or privately.
^Walnut*
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: -=ASS=-^WALNUT

Post by ^Walnut* »

We can play on Friday (3rd) at 21:15 CET if that's not a problem for ILM!
*-=Masin rulezzz=-*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I think it's, if you followed this you could have noticed that Friday 3 of November of 2023 21:15 CET is already scheduled for the delayed third week fight between Immortal Clan and ILM Clan and I assume neither ILM nor you are gonna want to play that afterwards something around 22:30 approx. that's exactly what I was talking about that there's no room as to be delaying fights ten days like this in a regular basis, it comes a point when it just doesn't add up and it's not fair for all the parts involved (not really me), so you (ass) are gonna basically have to figure out something within today (i.e. another date/a solid agreed plan with ILM) otherwise the current Thursday date will remain whether you can finally meet it or not. as usual if you would have come with this some time before there will probably be more time/room for adjustment, on deadline day there's obviously not. tomorrow is the day where the fourth week fights start to be played/closed of any choices potentially pending and where the fifth week fights are introduced and start to be scheduled so they are made in time not the time where the fourth week fights start to be schedule instead.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, ass just confirmed now for the Thursday in PM so then ILM-ASS will be set for it and now just at the wait of ass two picks from the second tier to carry on with the blocks afterwards as to finally leave that set within the next days. additionally they already communicated audz replacement with cliff for the second leg so at the time of writing the registered line up for ass for the second leg will be ricky, inifinity, angel, walnut, rico, toxic, cliff, oab. needless to say such change won't enter in effect until the second leg so cliff can not participate in any in-record game for ass in what's left of the first leg. he (cliff) could however eventually show up at some potential off-the-record games that are there and meant for that reason as to try things and have fun always within some reasonable/meaningful limits of course.

for the rest those teams that might as well be interested in make any changes or just (new ones, ex. pride or some variation of it) in signing up altogether for the second leg do not forget to communicate such changes/do so before the next Friday 10 of November of 2023 night. in that sense, I also remind once again, that teams that might struggle with availability and/or list inactive players and/or that by any other means players that are not gonna participate (flagrant example magi and venum for oko) are strongly advised to take advantage of this window and do so (potential example magi and venum replaced by d4widov and xo). as said, for the first leg I'm not gonna enforce any removals but any registered players that by the end of the second leg has not participated in any in-record game by the end of the season will be kicked from such teams and will be locked from joining again later on to the same team just like that. no excuses.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, I have good news finally immortal has confirmed last minute for the Wednesday against oko as well and made picks teddm1, cpm4a and q3dm7, hub3tourney1 so now just waiting to hear blocks (i.e. final picks) from both to leave that as well set within the next days (i.e. normally tomorrow but no later than the Tuesday night). as for diablo I haven't heard anything else from them so that means that then I'll announce now the diablo picks and blocks on their behalf, no big deal. ok so from the diablo side I pick bloodcovenant and storm3tourney1 as my best projections and from community teddm1 and goldleaf picks I select goldleaf and q3dm7 from their first tier picks q3dm7 and pro-q3tourney2 so now just waiting for community to chose between bloodcovenant and storm3tourney1 to leave that all set no later than tomorrow night. have fun and good luck everyone.
redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Post by redrum »

DT phantq3dm1_rev, pro-dcmap7 for Tuesday match.