I think PacMan cursed!

Offtopic discussion forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: I think PacMan cursed!

Post by adminless »

dude I'm ok with any choices, whether they are random, make sense or not or whatever, the server is gonna work all the same so noted now and then just waiting to hear from pacman what he does not want to play from your picks (q3dm2, q3dm5, pro-q3dm6) along with whether he prefers q3dm13 or storm3tourney1 for the tie-breaker to leave this all set for the next Sunday then. once I have that I'll send you the card on PM as usual.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Of course, as usual, although it's my 1st time, but sure, as usual LOL :)

EDIT: wait a minute Adminless, you said card, what card, a credit card?
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I also have to just add that when there's a storm here my connection breaks often, it's wifi which depends on antennas all over city. It already happened like a dozen times while I was playing with you all on main servers. I usually need to restart the device, but it takes time to start again. And of course there's a lag happening often when there isn't any storm. I think it's related to how many users are using my ISP, how much of the bandwidth is taken already.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

card is in the sense of a letter/paper with the fight schedule and instructions only that virtually in a PM instead of a physical one. obviously it doesn't have anything to do with anything you're saying and don't stress over it as it's not like a world final or anything as you're saying. quite frankly, unless you start to cry, make a scene or anything it's no problem, no big deal the rest so no need to stress over it.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I probably stress because it's my first time, so I've no clue what's happening, but you're right no need to stress about it, it's just a friendly game.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 14:55 as usual wtf ok I see now that you edited that the other day as well. ok noted then q3dm2, q3dm5 and pro-q3dm6 as your picks for this and then I'l pick hub3aeroq3, q3dm13 and storm3tourney1 as tie-breakers. you can not pick the same maps as pacman, I think I had already written that so now just let me know what you do not want to play (one map) from pacman picks (ztn3tourney1, pukka3tourney2, pro-q3tourney7) and from the tie-breakers (hub3aeroq3, q3dm13, storm3tourney1) to leave that set from your end.
Am I supposed to write what I don't want to play?

q3dm2, q3dm5
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Wait a minute, PacMan you never played duel before either?
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

NoobKilla wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 20:58 Wait a minute, PacMan you never played duel before either?
I am very poor duel , infact the basic stuff was taught by top team players from tc, oko, ilm , more you play with them better you can be

I when bothered play unfreeze quite well I think , glacius I am poor lol

Any duel your ass

If it makes you feel better miroslap(v) tortured me endlessly on duel.......
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@pacman yes you have to block one from (q3dm2, q3dm5 and pro-q3dm6) and pick between q3dm13 or storm3tourney1 for the tie-breaker. so if you want to play q3dm2 and q3dm5 that means you blocks pro-q3dm6. let me know if that's what you meant or if you have any other questions.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 17:06 dude I'm ok with any choices, whether they are random, make sense or not or whatever, the server is gonna work all the same so noted now and then just waiting to hear from pacman what he does not want to play from your picks (q3dm2, q3dm5, pro-q3dm6) along with whether he prefers q3dm13 or storm3tourney1 for the tie-breaker to leave this all set for the next Sunday then. once I have that I'll send you the card on PM as usual.
Dm13 preferred tie
Block q3dm5

If that makes sense I hope
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure that makes perfect sense then it will go ztn3tourney1, q3dm2, pro-q3dm6, pro-q3tourney7, q3dm13 the next Sunday 18:00 CET. as said, I'll PM you that later today, good luck and have fun.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

PM for that sent now, as usual if you haven't received it, spot some mistake or anything just let me know, otherwise, have fun, good luck and see you both the Sunday in-game.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 13:40 PM for that sent now, as usual if you haven't received it, spot some mistake or anything just let me know, otherwise, have fun, good luck and see you both the Sunday in-game.
Cool , is server active I think killa asked how to practice the maps but I couldn't get command to work on duel server
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Thanks! I joined each map with \map <name> and it seems there are all those maps present in my baseq3 folder. I added bot with \addbot keel 5 and I actually lost the duel with zero points. Not a good start and Sunday is not too far. This is quite different than unfreeze, close knowledge of the map, position of all weapons and power-ups is a must. I hope I can learn it by Sunday, but I do have school obligations, so don't count on me giving my top game. Nonetheless, it's my 1st duel, so it has to be done, I really want to make a mark in the duel arena for the 1st time. I watched Miroslav duels and some other finals and I'm not even remotely close to that skill, but I'll do my best with such short time to prepare and PacMan using EZ hax cheats and stuff.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

... one question though. Since my connection, due to my ISP, is not always working properly, what happens if the connection breaks during play? It takes 2-3 minutes to reboot the device. Adminless, you probably noticed that it happened to me like a dozen times already during unfreeze plays, on all servers. Every time I had to close the game, reset the device, wait for it to reconnect and then start the game and join the server again. I looked at the weather forecast just now and there are two stormy days coming up. During storm, regardless of the quality of connection, they just disconnect antennas affected leaving all users without internet. They explained to me it's to avoid damage to the equipment in case of lightning hits. I'm not making this up because I'm scared of the duel, nope, it's really what they told me, for real!