User's Guides & Help forum.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Crashing

Post by PacMan »

Dude admin need help

Time to time my connection crashes , basically everything freezes and I assume I timeout on server don't really know , however I do exit

I then reconnect and there is no wait time, when I reconnect I am reconnected as an unnamed player even though all my config is working only thing it doesn't allow me to do easily is change my name back

What could it be ?

Usually if I disconnect without crashing there is a wait time , but this is not the case when I exit the game this way

Any ideas please
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Crashing

Post by adminless »

I just took a look at that and it's very simple. you connected through ipv6 which is known to be broken at the primary server so the connection died and you reconnected through ipv4 faster than the previous connection timed out so when you joined again there was already "somebody else" still connected named PacMan.EZ (i.e. your previous connection was still active server side) which is why the server reset your name as to avoid duplicates (i.e. you can not use the same name as somebody else in the server at the same time). basically just avoid going down by sticking to ipv4 on the primary server and wait until your previous connection timed out server side (some seconds) before reconnecting or if not just reconnect once again afterwards to get your nick proper.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 20:20 I just took a look at that and it's very simple. you connected through ipv6 which is known to be broken at the primary server so the connection died and you reconnected through ipv4 faster than the previous connection timed out so when you joined again there was already "somebody else" still connected named PacMan.EZ (i.e. your previous connection was still active server side) which is why the server reset your name as to avoid duplicates (i.e. you can not use the same name as somebody else in the server at the same time). basically just avoid going down by sticking to ipv4 on the primary server and wait until your previous connection timed out server side (some seconds) before reconnecting or if not just reconnect once again afterwards to get your nick proper.
Your one hardcore dude , thanks

Sometimes it only shows up the one possible connection how do I avoid the ipv6 if that's all that was displaying? As refreshing only shows that sometimes or maybe I missing something
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

if it's ipv6 e2 or de that should be fine as well. ipv6 nl (in-game) is the one you should avoid unless there's nothing else available as you're saying or tried the rest and it was even more broken. the best route (under general circumstances) at the primary server is ipv4 e1, that's the one you should look for. if it doesn't show up for whatever the reason is you can always just try to connect directly via command (\connect -4 fpsclasico.eu:27961 for the primary server for example).
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 21:46 if it's ipv6 e2 or de that should be fine as well. ipv6 nl (in-game) is the one you should avoid unless there's nothing else available as you're saying or tried the rest and it was even more broken. the best route (under general circumstances) at the primary server is ipv4 e1, that's the one you should look for. if it doesn't show up for whatever the reason is you can always just try to connect directly via command (\connect -4 fpsclasico.eu:27961 for the primary server for example).
Ok thanks for help