PSA: Mus1n outed himself cheating

Other Reports Discussion forum.
RH
User lv4
User lv4

PSA: Mus1n outed himself cheating

Post by RH »

This is just a PSA for people to be aware. Not saying the guy should get banned on clasico, not sure if he even plays here, but the EU q3 communities all kind of mingle so it is good to know who you are playing with in cases where some one is very openly doing something they shouldn't be.

So I got a heads up from a friend to drop in and see something funny on the q3a discord. You know if the q3a discord is involved it is going to be something extremely stupid and probably petty.

Turns out, mus1n, a player who primarily plays on q3msk, has been cheating this whole time and even posting videos and frag movies with his cheats enabled. He is feigning ignorance and acting like it is not a cheat, but it 100% is. He even posted links to the cheats, so I'm talking to admins there about that because that is really not cool if even one person got it from that.

I hate to link it, because he is a cheater and it is his youtube, but here it is:

You can see the red asterisk above peoples heads which gives him additional information. He even reacts to it over ledges before he can see the person in multiple clips. Then you have the big green hitbox being drawn, which in the mods that support it is a cheat protected setting for a reason. He also has bright red shadow rings which aren't as bad, but still unfair advantage that nobody else has. These are all client modifications.

Some one made the argument that drawing the hitbox isn't so bad, but it really is. For one, it is considered a cheat in every first person shooter that is played online. Two, it lets you see people before their model comes around a corner. Three, it can let you see people who are hiding around corners better than even a tankjr forcemodel would. And lastly, it makes aiming a lot easier when you have a barn side target like that. If you don't believe me, try it in an aim trainer.

Additionally when I called him a cheater, he got really mad and started talking a LOT of shit saying I should go play bots, I am probably 700 elo, I don't know basics, I would fail at even strafe jumping, and stuff like that. I dug up a screenshot of the only duel we ever played and it is a total shut out in my favor while he was cheating with half my ping :D so I am attaching that as well just because.

It isn't an aimbot, it isn't a blatant wallhack, but cheating is still bad even if it isn't the worst possible form he could be doing. Kind of makes me wonder how many people are out there doing this kind of stuff and not realizing it is not cool.

If you disagree with me, that is also fine, but also wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: PSA: Mus1n outed himself cheating

Post by adminless »

to be honest I've seen better frags at the events here and the choice of render for a movie is terrible. anyways, I already banned that dude long time ago here (like 5 years or so ago) not for cheating at the time but just for being a troublemaker. matter of fact, he only really started playing at other servers after he got banned here and he was never even that good to begin with (he rated like in the top20 or something like that in the community at the time so he was good but nothing like over-the-top/mvp tier even back then when the overall skill level was significantly lower). overall it reminds of odi that also put together similar community paks full of soft cheats/hacks and that later on ended up using nicks of steam accounts with verified valve anti cheat violations in the record.
^Walnut*
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: -=ASS=-^WALNUT

Post by ^Walnut* »

Why does it also look like if the enemy models glide over the ground? Has this to do with the mod? :eh:

Edit: Haha I have masin rulezzzz as my bio, looks like Mus1n :lol: What a coincidence!
*-=Masin rulezzz=-*
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

RH wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:46 ..... He even posted links to the cheats, so I'm talking to admins there about that because that is really not cool if even one person got it from that.....
with all the players frustrated at not being able to have the stats and honors of a very very good player I have the impression that you are not going to miss work soon Adminless if indeed he has posted links for this type of cheat

thank you RH for sharing this very useful information with us to thwart cheaters

I saw in the video that some of the players he fights are known here on fps.classico as casual players, like Champi, xpow, loubitek, noluck, I would like to know what they think about all of that...
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

imprecise wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 20:51
RH wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:46 ..... He even posted links to the cheats, so I'm talking to admins there about that because that is really not cool if even one person got it from that.....
with all the players frustrated at not being able to have the stats and honors of a very very good player I have the impression that you are not going to miss work soon Adminless if indeed he has posted links for this type of cheat

thank you RH for sharing this very useful information with us to thwart cheaters

I saw in the video that some of the players he fights are known here on fps.classico as casual players, like Champi, xpow, loubitek, noluck, I would like to know what they think about all of that...
Only xpow is any good tho lol