client released on 14th September 2023 full of bugs

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

client released on 14th September 2023 full of bugs

Post by NoobKilla »

Shader bugs, entire screen is bright you can't see anything nor play, it's too bright you don't see details, I would make screenshot, but then again I can't get to desktop. Then today I clicked on glacius in the list and I was sent to some other server in the US with CTF active. Can I please get download link of the previous client?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: client released on 14th September 2023 full of bugs

Post by adminless »

reinstall, you definitively messed up something there.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Hey Adminless, I just unzipped it. I downloaded minimum version and overwrote the old full version, it was just unzip as usual, no installation. Sometimes it starts the game with full screen bright to the max, sometimes it starts normal.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

"I downloaded minimum version and overwrote the old full version" that's where you messed up there, you neither overwrite not copy anything else to the package other than the pak0.pk3 file. it's just unzip and play with I meant by reinstalling as you said. the brightness issue it's a common problem of some cards and it doesn't only happen to the provided clients and/or Quake III Arena, I also spotted it with other games, so if that happens to you just doing \vid_restart fixes that most of the time.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

No no you misunderstood me. I overwrote your full version. First time I unzipped into clean folder, the full version, months ago, when you told me to unzip it into clean folder, then I copied pak0.pk3. Now, months later, I decided to update it with mini version, since I presumed contained newer client with fixes or something. I never had any issues with the previous release. So, all I was able to do with your mini release is unpack it into same folder where FULL was unzipped previously. I'll try it with \vid_restart, but I didn't have to do that with previous release.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, then may be some patch broke something, when I have more time I'll investigate further, thanks for the update.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I just tried \vid_restart in singleplayer mode and it messes up the textures and lightning. All textures become flat as the players' meshes. Maybe that info will help you somehow.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

... I just noticed I made a link on the desktop with lowend exe not intel as before, not sure when this happened, I must have made the shortcut to the wrong exe. Anyway, with intel exe it's not happening, it just happens with lowend exe. BTW, which one of the multiple exes should we use to play?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

different types of cpu optimizations can lead to those kind of glitches so yes that's also a very probable cause for that. what cpu do you have?
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Intel CPU. I was using intel version since the very beginning and had no issues, but I just noticed I made the shortcut towards lowend after unzipping this new mini update. How and why that happened I'm not sure. It probably happened when I had issues with configuration, when I changed monitor, when we had conversation about resolutions. I might have, in desperation, made shortcut towards lowend exe, probably.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

https://github.com/ioquake/ioq3

Must compile it. Iam not use community compilet exe file a hate spherical models.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I have full confidence in Adminless, I'd rather download what he compiled. I tried community version, but it's blurry.