Pls delete dm15 from server

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Pls delete dm15 from server

Post by nickaero »

Pls delete this map forever and ever. Its completely awful and unplayable. there is really no other argument to be made in this effect, it is utterly unplayable and everytime it comes up I leave the server
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Pls delete dm15 from server

Post by adminless »

that map was added along a few others to the main servers the past year after people (virtually unanimously) requested them here because the standard pool for the big games typically happening at the main servers (i.e. 10vs10) is very limited. I know the map isn't a top pick (thus why I only added that map the past year and only after being virtually unanimously requested as I'm telling you) however at the same time I also understand why it got requested and added so now removing it probably won't really add anything if not (quite literally) take away something from the game instead. I think this has been brought other times, if we were just go removing maps like that then we would just end up playing dm6 only 24/7 and that would even be depending on the day, clearly that's not a option in the long run. anyways, for that matter (among other things) is why plenty of different servers are provided so if you (or anybody else) happen to run across some map, room or anything else you don't like at some point you can just connect to any of the other servers (UnFreeZe2, glacius, ffa some duels or even some ctf) to continue the fun in the meantime, it shouldn't be such a big deal now that hopefully most of those also work and are as well active regularly.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 22:55 that map was added along a few others to the main servers the past year after people (virtually unanimously) requested them here because the standard pool for the big games typically happening at the main servers (i.e. 10vs10) is very limited. I know the map isn't a top pick (thus why I only added that map the past year and only after being virtually unanimously requested as I'm telling you) however at the same time I also understand why it got requested and added so now removing it probably won't really add anything if not (quite literally) take away something from the game instead. I think this has been brought other times, if we were just go removing maps like that then we would just end up playing dm6 only 24/7 and that would even be depending on the day, clearly that's not a option in the long run. anyways, for that matter (among other things) is why plenty of different servers are provided so if you (or anybody else) happen to run across some map, room or anything else you don't like at some point you can just connect to any of the other servers (UnFreeZe2, glacius, ffa some duels or even some ctf) to continue the fun in the meantime, it shouldn't be such a big deal now that hopefully most of those also work and are as well active regularly.
True true sometimes I hate it and leave , sometimes stay but then I hate the space map sometimes lol

Is there room for voting for any other maps , or voting just to get a feel for any other maps that could be added in the future ?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know it's something that happens already and it's not big deal, may be some map load on UnFreeZe1 they don't like (or anything else) and then they go UnFreeZe2 (or the other way around), for some spare quick ffa or may be they even venture for some duels or a few ctf rounds, some might even go check glacius that have even started getting active lately, it's just the way it's and simply start removing maps just like that doesn't really bring anything else if not quite literally the opposite. as for voting, I think that after more than a decade around and more than five years on this site when it comes to maps all that had to be voted/discussed has already been and there's really nothing (or virtually nothing of significance) left in that regard. when it comes to the standard maps, that's all that there's on this game, there's really nothing left to add there and when it comes to glacius although there can always be some changes here and there from time to time with currently 39 maps on the rotation I don't really think there's really much to argue about there either, for the most part all that could have been added there has been already. the same stands true for the duel servers (i.e. topped already) and the rest of the servers (ffa/ctf) would need to get more popular to receive some custom editions because when it comes to the standard assets they run as well everything already.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I leave almost every time q3dm14 loads. let's remove q3dm14, it will be a better solution.
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know that's what I was talking about and I'm sure you'll be able to find somebody else to tell you the same about pretty much any other map, obviously start removing maps until there's (virtually) none left isn't any kind of "solution" as that's how it was before (to some extend, a more limited top rotation) and people unanimously requested it otherwise at least for the pubs.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

dm14 can be somewhat fun if you try to organise team pushes, and the map is nicely split into 2 main areas, in dm15 the map is split into the smaller outside area and the whole inside is left for the other team, and the only way to engage is through these absolutely narrow choke points. Maybe if the spawn points of the team that gets the indoors portion of the map were moved to the lower levels where the quad spawns it could be more interesting adminless but as it currently is the map is totally garbage
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:41 I leave almost every time q3dm14 loads. let's remove q3dm14, it will be a better solution.
Dm14 is one of the best maps , your messed up man lol

As an all rounder map it does well and as nick said shut noob it's fun

Anyway I guess plenty of opinions , if we lose this map we have even less
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

Hi!

Dm15 playable(but turns out a lot in the rotation), dm14 awful plays out like a tower defense game.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes I think that modify it (q3dm15) somehow at some point (not as we speak) instead of just remove it it's probably a option so I might look into that in the next weeks and see if I can come up at least with some improvements overall.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

Believe it or not guys, but some people actually enjoy maps you don't like.
Next map to delete - dm16
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I would like to ask what you would like to replace the map from the rotation with if it were to be removed? this topic is a never-ending story. q3dm16 is a nice map if you don't play 90% RG. you can get some nice shots with rockets, its funny provided that there are no snipers playing at the same time. You can also play nicely on dm15, for example, yesterday there was a full server on this map and most of them were good players. and it was fun to play. besides, you have a Glacius server, there are no dm15 and dm14 there.
Camaradas Iks De
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 16:33 I would like to ask what you would like to replace the map from the rotation with if it were to be removed? this topic is a never-ending story. q3dm16 is a nice map if you don't play 90% RG. you can get some nice shots with rockets, its funny provided that there are no snipers playing at the same time. You can also play nicely on dm15, for example, yesterday there was a full server on this map and most of them were good players. and it was fun to play. besides, you have a Glacius server, there are no dm15 and dm14 there.
Your funny guy

Best players like you love this map, bad for noobs like me
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw just for fun I checked q3dm15 now and made a quick item/map layout edit that I believe that it can work some better for this mode so check it out and let me know. the spawns I found them appropriate already.
MyWifeHatesQ3
User lv3
User lv3

Post by MyWifeHatesQ3 »

DM15. It might be an option to try to move tele exit to the room with pendulums.