Glacius Sunday short

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Glacius Sunday short

Post by NoobKilla »

Today, Sunday 23rd July 2023, Glacius event lasted from about 8pm till about 9:30pm, why so short? All players left. Was it because Karen was not there?
^Walnut*
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: -=ASS=-^WALNUT

Re: Glacius Sunday short

Post by ^Walnut* »

You know what they say, right? No Karen, no Glacius! :lol:
*-=Masin rulezzz=-*
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

iam tired :>
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I checked the list of players playing few minutes later, last night, and it turns out all of them and then some more were playing on the usual server. Why is that happening? Glacius performed great, no issues.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

I think I have answered you that already, the only reason why those meetings work is due titanic efforts in promoting those events. once you take that away, it just does not work anymore, otherwise that server would just normally work every day not just at specific (promoted) times. I repeat that server runs pretty much all those maps 24/7 and to the same quality/technical standard as the rest of the servers here yet nobody plays there while the rest are almost all top busy and that's a fact, not a opinion or a "guess"/thought. as simple as that, custom maps just do not (normally) work for top public servers for a wide variety of reasons as I already explained lots of times for over more than a decade.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Adminless, yes, you did, thank you very much. You might have not noticed me playing on Glacius before against a single bot that is over there, just to check out the maps. I know huge maps don't work for smaller number of players, one can get lost and I understand that veteran players feel best playing maps that are known to them, but still, some of us others looking to just have fun would benefit from playing on Glacius more often.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

adminless wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 19:05 I think I have answered you that already, the only reason why those meetings work is due titanic efforts in promoting those events. once you take that away, it just does not work anymore, otherwise that server would just normally work every day not just at specific (promoted) times. I repeat that server runs pretty much all those maps 24/7 and to the same quality/technical standard as the rest of the servers here yet nobody plays there while the rest are almost all top busy and that's a fact, not a opinion or a "guess"/thought. as simple as that, custom maps just do not (normally) work for top public servers for a wide variety of reasons as I already explained lots of times for over more than a decade.
Anyway, it's a shame, because your game is often more dynamic, I, for example, that's why I like to play in the morning if I can, because there are few people / on the one hand, it's a different experience 2v2 than 10v10 / the game is much more fluid and the lag is less.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Exactly, we should play on Glacius every day, just the few of us, the special ones.
me
User lv3
User lv3

Post by me »

It's because of the age of the game versus age of the players playing, divided by the mood.
Too old in both and most of the time we are obliged and take an extra effort to be reunited there and if there's no mood for reuniting, even if it is for once in a week, it wont happen. Besides, there's less available people in this time of the year due to obvious reasons. Simple as that. And sometimes we just want to play in main public ones, cause that's simpler, that's wheres the most of the players are, smaller maps versus full servers equals more fun. Bigger, random, less known and less "viced" maps take more effort to play and if there's no common mood...
Talking also for myself.
/quit then.
Meanwhile, in the farthest corner of the map...
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

But if Glacius is not public then how can we see it and play on it?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

dude get your eyes checked or something because they might be broken. I repeat, glacius runs 24/7 all the same as the rest of the servers yet nobody plays there, not even by mistake, while all the rest are top busy. and btw don't get me wrong, not trying to hate/bitch on the server or anything, just saying and staying realistic as the guy above pointed out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I can see the server, it's there and it's public, for me, but ME (username) said it was not and he would rather play on one of the public servers instead. I think there's a language barrier happening, I was being misunderstood by you, for some reason.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ah yes no problem I get what you meant now (i.e. I thought you were making a legit question yourself not questioning other user).
me
User lv3
User lv3

Post by me »

NoobKilla wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 20:41 but ME (username) said it was not and he would rather play on one of the public servers instead
I did not said it was NOT public.
When i mentioned public, i ment "public".
All servers are public, some are more main than others.
/quit then.
Meanwhile, in the farthest corner of the map...
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

@me, then why you had to use word public in the first place? When you talk about one server and then mention how the other server is public you're implicitly suggesting the former is not. Also when you use quotes when you write certain word, like you did there with "public", it usually means for the reader to make a mental note of an opposite meaning, in this case: private. So when you write "public" it's equal to writing: private. Anyway, it's a misunderstanding, all servers are public.
Last edited by NoobKilla on Wed Jul 26, 2023 22:38, edited 1 time in total.