Might be a bug of some sort.

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Might be a bug of some sort.

Post by NoobKilla »

Here's the situation I've noticed after playing for days with all of you:

I lose health, but don't die, manage to escape with only 9hp or less, sometimes just 1hp, I find health upgrades +, manage to get my health up to 100, sometimes even collect shield, then enemy comes, he fires a single rocket, rocket hits me and I get frozen. To tell you the truth, it doesn't make any sense. And this happens every time, it's like I'm just wasting my time running around collecting all power-ups to restore my health and shield. Anyone else with the same problem?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Might be a bug of some sort.

Post by adminless »

I don't think so, that's just the way the game is, one direct rocket or rail takes away 100 health so if you were say 10 hp then collected one large hp (50) and four shards (20) for 60 hp and 20 armor in total for example then sure not even one direct rocket or a rail will immediately kill you. to survive a direct rocket or a rail then you need at least 100 hp and some armor which then will leave you on red hp ready to quickly die at the hands of a few bullets for example or some lg btw and that's considering you're not getting hit from various sides (which also happens often and people don't notice). that's not a "bug", that's just the way the game scores.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Thanks! It's still a great game.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

NoobKilla wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 15:50 Here's the situation I've noticed after playing for days with all of you:

I lose health, but don't die, manage to escape with only 9hp or less, sometimes just 1hp, I find health upgrades +, manage to get my health up to 100, sometimes even collect shield, then enemy comes, he fires a single rocket, rocket hits me and I get frozen. To tell you the truth, it doesn't make any sense. And this happens every time, it's like I'm just wasting my time running around collecting all power-ups to restore my health and shield. Anyone else with the same problem?
You can use these few hp you are left with - try to find a place where your teammates can unfreeze you easily and die there. If they unfreeze you, you get 300hp in an instant.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

@fau, I know about that, of course, I'm not a total noob, but even with mega health collected + shield and total of 300, after I was very low with health, I get frozen in an instant, a single hit, it happened already a dozen times. It's very odd, it doesn't happen always. I also noticed camera is getting stuck after I get frozen and it flickers and that started like 2-3 days ago. It happened to me only twice today, but yesterday it was very frequent.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

of course my friend that's a very different history, armor only takes 2/3 of the damage, even with full armor any hp bellow 34 will result in a death from a rail or direct rocket. for example, 30 hp and 200 armor after one direct rocket or rail will result in a status of -3 hp 133 armor. you die by the hp left not by the armor left, you can have tons of armor that as long as your hp is 0 (or lower than zero) you're out. armor only helps you extend your life not keeping you alive. once again, that's not a bug of any shorts that's the way the game rulesets play out.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

NoobKilla wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 18:32 @fau, I know about that, of course, I'm not a total noob, but even with mega health collected + shield and total of 300, after I was very low with health, I get frozen in an instant, a single hit, it happened already a dozen times. It's very odd, it doesn't happen always. I also noticed camera is getting stuck after I get frozen and it flickers and that started like 2-3 days ago. It happened to me only twice today, but yesterday it was very frequent.
Ah ok. I thought you were complaining that the game has no auto regen when you hide :D
Still not sure what you are talking about. So unless adminless got it, maybe post a video or demo?
BALONY ILONY
User lv3
User lv3

Post by BALONY ILONY »

You just got hit by several rails at the same time 100%, it might look like an instant death then.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

@fau, it didn't happen now, but I did record a demo of me kicking everyone's ass coz I'm that good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

NoobKilla wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 20:02 @fau, it didn't happen now, but I did record a demo of me kicking everyone's ass coz I'm that good.
So if it happens often you will record demo for few games

I get this sometimes , some ass has good accuracy from another server and kills me one shit (was being sarcastic) but yeah ten thousands miles way my noob ass gets hit cos they using fov 15
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

And which FOV is default? EDIT: found it, it's 120 in cfg file and zoom is 30.