Ahu Cultists challenges FPSCLASSICO to CTF

competitive Quake III Arena capture the flag events forum.
champi
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: Champi

Ahu Cultists challenges FPSCLASSICO to CTF

Post by champi »

Ahu Cultists are the combination of 2 OpenArena Competitive super clans, feaR and SeXy. We live to serve our omnipotent god Ahu MerloMen, an ancient deity from OpenArena who passes on his legendary years of experience , knowledge and life philosophies to younger players such as his devout followers , the Ahu Cultist. We are here to spread his teachings , We are a group exclusive to only Capture the Flag.
Ahu!
Members:
Champi (feaR)
Juju (feaR)
Denzoa (feaR)
Pagon (feaR)
Shantu (feaR)
Rehab (feaR)
Jonas (SeXy)
cT (SeXy)
Manty (SeXy)
Aur!n (raGe)

We're looking for action, After the current tournament ends , we want to play against the best FPSCLASSICO has to offer, maps shall be only mainstream competitive HARDCORE PITBULL GAMING MAPS because we are HARDCORE PITBULL GAMERS. We only accept CTF challenges, no joke small maps , no Q3CTF1 , We want competitive HARDCORE players taking part of this challenge , no memes , no flooding , keep the topic clean. TOP FPSCLASSICO players, assemble!
Last edited by champi on Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:59, edited 2 times in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Ahu Cultists challenges FPSCLASSICO to CTF

Post by adminless »

by the top fpsclassico players I guess that you mean team UnFreeZe the community elite team. as the name points team UnFreeZe plays UnFreeZe and not really ctf that said I can probably try to assemble one such team for the occasion anyways and we'll see how it plays out though I can not guarantee that it will happen neither that we will really be competitive so don't get your hopes that high. as for the maps I reviewed them this weekend for the event for future meetings and I believe that we could do q3ctf2, dboxctf2a, crewctf, q3wctf2 and japanctf for a best of five showdown with no picks or anything (that will be it) so let me know if that works for you. the timeline to make the fight happen, I insist if the fight happens which it's to be seen, would be around a month so expect that it wouldn't be played until late march.
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

Add SpiderCrossings and MKBase and we have a solid 7 maps pool. It's just off records for-fun stuff and content for your youtube , We just wanna play and get more people into HARDCORE CTF , so far all my boys had a hell of a blast last weekend against GER*. No rushing , We still have a tournament to finish.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I'm cool with mkbase and it will obviously stick for the pool in the event another ctf tournament happens. I just dropped it there (in place of japanctf) as I assumed that you were going to hate/dislike it but if you prefer it, it can probably be added. spider crossings is just a average/regular map (i.e. a ok map) as I commented before so I believe those there should be a better option for this (a exhibition as you're saying) and at the end of the day what should be played. yes agree, as I said, no problem I'll try to arrange that this month and we'll see how it plays out but know that I can not guarantee anything.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@champi hey I've been trying to assemble a team this week for this and unfortunately I don't think that we're gonna make it at this time. I could barely recruit 3/4 UnFreeZe guys for this and even so with limited availability and from what I saw (at the final) I'd expect about the same from your end then I believe that probably the best it's just to let this be for another occasion, like after a UnFreeZe event as usual or if it happens another ctf cup, where the turnout/interest is typically higher and give it another more planned try by then. moreover think that even if by any chance we both could somehow manage to assemble some solid teams and somehow meet at some date, that would be it. I don't think we would be able to find both any opponents and dates to train ctf and dig those maps to prepare for the fight beforehand during these weeks therefore I don't think it would be appropriate to show up/organise this basically just for "the sake of it" (i.e. without any sort of preparation). that's not the way team UnFreeZe organise fights.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

fau and I would have been available but were not asked afaik
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

fau declined and regarding you, I don't want you in team UnFreeZe, I'm not interested in any more drama so it only really came down to aimer and iron. infinity could play on weekends (the most usual and likely) but ami only on weekdays so I guess that I could invite more people but as I said from what I saw I don't think neither the turnout nor the interest is gonna be high and what's more important I don't see any opponents nor dates during these weeks to train with the team before the event as it's the standard therefore I don't think it makes sense to show up/organise this just like that so team UnFreeZe won't participate. that said, if you (I mean everyone) want to make another special ctf fight in some way and/or form involving these guys separate from that, I think that can probably be organized but I don't think I'll assemble another team UnFreeZe game after the next event.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Hey adminless
Thanks for insights. As usual not fully agree. Given i helped out the community team with no problems at all and the elo in the rankings i could have helped but a shame it is not happening. Looking forward to the next event ;)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

still, even with you team UnFreeZe would only have 4/5 players which is obviously not enough to schedule a 5vs5 specially considering the availabilities so unless you want to bring everest with you for a community game, different from the UnFreeZe thing, against these guys along this month then I assume that it won't happen.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

I ask him if hes available
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

Ahu is no more after some infighting , lock this topic...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

unlucky, ok, no problem as said I think the most reasonable is just to let it be by now and then we'll see how it turns out for another ocasion. have fun.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Olc says he is not too much of a ctf player
Also champi not interested anymore
champi
User lv3
User lv3

Post by champi »

Yes, our marriage with SeXy clan only lasted 3 weeks.

Maybe down the road when more feaR members be around we can still pull this off...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, I guess that probably by the next month or so I'll try to organise another UnFreeZe tournament and by then we can try to make another team UnFreeZe special super match afterwards, either a rematch against those diamond guys or if not this, or may be even both so stay tuned.