UnFreeZe 2023 summer cup

UnFreeZe Summer 23 Cup History - Diamond Clan Champions
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe 2023 summer cup

Post by adminless »

hehe I think it could have been better, I mean, the first leg for example was way better and as I said it would have been a lot more interesting to see players like loverex or heero leading up their own teams rather than teaming up together. anyways, not taking anything away from Diamond Clan a well deserved championship, congrats, well played. on the individual side, I'll cross metrics now but I think that I'm gonna go for Ricky as the mvp of the tournament, the guy showed, the guy gave his best making incredible plays always high spirited, the guy lead his own people and the guy even reached a final this time that just happened to lose against a team that was simply collectively superior. I think after so many nominations it would be unfair to deny him once again just because of that so congrats on that as well.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, since this morning all vids for the second leg of the grand final posted and updated (i.e. merged which currently it's manual, just type a command) both on forum as well as on YouTube for the following there (on top of all the results yesterday night after revision of course with even bonus historic accuracy record for ang3lfish at the off-the-record game btw) and since now added the usual separated forum archive for the event. then that means that with this concludes the UnFreeZe Summer 23 Cup to be honest I think it turned out pretty good and interesting just like any of the other "main" editions, a lot more than anticipated/expected that was basically nothing or almost nothing so thank you very much for everyone who participate and completed/honored it in full without any incidents this time. as for all the changes that were introduced following the last session now that finally something has been really played in full I think they worked pretty good and they added (in a positive way) to the game. the lg balance despite public impression I think that as could have been seen it was far from overpowering or anything as some had put it but definitively fairly balanced/improved over the previous settings which also adds something more to the game that some had demanded. the "exotic" (i.e. that format is really a combat/soccer crossover) grand final format I think that for special fights like that also worked great and made it all overall more exciting and fair (I assume this time at least there should be no controversies over the result) so I think that was also a nice addition to keep for other potential similar situations on the future (i.e. not for regular fights of course). as for the overall teams balance I think that it also worked pretty good and all fights were pretty exciting (despite the misleading outcome the diamond-ilm semi was a lot more disputed than what the results could tell and unfortunately the ass squad just ran short in the long run lacking some sensible backups as well but it's what it's that's just also a part of the game overall neck to neck exciting games that were decided on details) with ultimately this olc, shantu, kf, viper++, holysquid, frag_masin, heero2b diamond squad coming out as new solid reigning champions with a superb collective performance and with shantu as new player sensation of the team. on the individual side as I anticipated I finally picked Ricky as mvp of the tournament followed by oKo*WhoAmI?!, -=ASS=-^Infin!ty, [ILM]^Blaze and .DC!Shantu as the best fifth of the tournament in that order that made the best impression to me when taking everything (history, commitment, character, stats, teammates, context etc) individually in consideration not just what team won what. all very solid top tier established community players so I hope that nobody takes that personal, as I usually say and it's not just a saying, I could easily put on that list more than half of the players that participated but there's only room for five and those just happened to be the ones I would go for. following that also after consideration giving that this time Ricky finally delivered something (I don't keep a track of that record but I'm confident they have been the lowest rated team to reach, and even dispute to some extend, the first leg with both teams full force was pretty close only really decided by a break on the first game after rico disconnected due technical issues that diamond just managed to overcome better, a grand final which should speak volumes of the monumental feat) I think I'll just reduce his ban just to a yellow card so he'll be allowed to participate with his clan if he wishes so (and can) on a future event considering that he doesn't incur on another fault that would lead to a second yellow card followed by a red card and then a sanction yet to determine depending the circumstances.

ok, and I think that should be it then, as said, now in the short term (next month or so) I'll look forward setting one more open community event still to determine on the next weeks and after that start preparing for a new UnFreeZe 2023 League still to determine (initially a full ledge two legs league during the fall/winter but still to determine as usual so we'll see how it turns out by then). finally as usual I also look forward now as well as on the future at having more teams and variety of players in a effort that "everyone" (to some extend of course) can participate and have a good time sharing some games so make sure to stay tuned and not miss all fun. ggs guys, well played all.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 22:53 ok, since this morning all vids for the second leg of the grand final posted and updated (i.e. merged which currently it's manual, just type a command) both on forum as well as on YouTube for the following there (on top of all the results yesterday night after revision of course with even bonus historic accuracy record for ang3lfish at the off-the-record game btw) and since now added the usual separated forum archive for the event. then that means that with this concludes the UnFreeZe Summer 23 Cup to be honest I think it turned out pretty good and interesting just like any of the other "main" editions, a lot more than anticipated/expected that was basically nothing or almost nothing so thank you very much for everyone who participate and completed/honored it in full without any incidents this time. as for all the changes that were introduced following the last session now that finally something has been really played in full I think they worked pretty good and they added (in a positive way) to the game. the lg balance despite public impression I think that as could have been seen it was far from overpowering or anything as some had put it but definitively fairly balanced/improved over the previous settings which also adds something more to the game that some had demanded. the "exotic" (i.e. that format is really a combat/soccer crossover) grand final format I think that for special fights like that also worked great and made it all overall more exciting and fair (I assume this time at least there should be no controversies over the result) so I think that was also a nice addition to keep for other potential similar situations on the future (i.e. not for regular fights of course). as for the overall teams balance I think that it also worked pretty good and all fights were pretty exciting (despite the misleading outcome the diamond-ilm semi was a lot more disputed than what the results could tell and unfortunately the ass squad just ran short in the long run lacking some sensible backups as well but it's what it's that's just also a part of the game overall neck to neck exciting games that were decided on details) with ultimately this olc, shantu, kf, viper++, holysquid, frag_masin, heero2b diamond squad coming out as new solid reigning champions with a superb collective performance and with shantu as new player sensation of the team. on the individual side as I anticipated I finally picked Ricky as mvp of the tournament followed by oKo*WhoAmI?!, -=ASS=-^Infin!ty, [ILM]^Blaze and .DC!Shantu as the best fifth of the tournament in that order that made the best impression to me when taking everything (history, commitment, character, stats, teammates, context etc) individually in consideration not just what team won what. all very solid top tier established community players so I hope that nobody takes that personal, as I usually say and it's not just a saying, I could easily put on that list more than half of the players that participated but there's only room for five and those just happened to be the ones I would go for. following that also after consideration giving that this time Ricky finally delivered something (I don't keep a track of that record but I'm confident they have been the lowest rated team to reach, and even dispute to some extend, the first leg with both teams full force was pretty close only really decided by a break on the first game after rico disconnected due technical issues that diamond just managed to overcome better, a grand final which should speak volumes of the monumental feat) I think I'll just reduce his ban just to a yellow card so he'll be allowed to participate with his clan if he wishes so (and can) on a future event considering that he doesn't incur on another fault that would lead to a second yellow card followed by a red card and then a sanction yet to determine depending the circumstances.

ok, and I think that should be it then, as said, now in the short term (next month or so) I'll look forward setting one more open community event still to determine on the next weeks and after that start preparing for a new UnFreeZe 2023 League still to determine (initially a full ledge two legs league during the fall/winter but still to determine as usual so we'll see how it turns out by then). finally as usual I also look forward now as well as on the future at having more teams and variety of players in a effort that "everyone" (to some extend of course) can participate and have a good time sharing some games so make sure to stay tuned and not miss all fun. ggs guys, well played all.

So does this mean we can have all stars match including bfg and more nades? :shock:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

haha I don't think so. as for the spare community event I guess I'll add a poll these days and we'll see what people is up to at the moment (if anything as usual).
/| { } V E R E }{
User lv2
User lv2
in-game nick: olc

Post by /| { } V E R E }{ »

adminless wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 15:11 haha I don't think so. as for the spare community event I guess I'll add a poll these days and we'll see what people is up to at the moment (if anything as usual).
H!i,sorry that i picking you here. Can you please send me file or link at your version of map q3dm14? I want to add this at our servers as more balanced version. How can i download this default map?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hello, unfortunately those are custom server files that I just don't share.