No votes

Total votes: 6

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: reDIRKulous faking ;-)

Post by adminless »

@noobkilla I don't think it's a bright idea to reach to customer/technical support (i.e. to ask for help basically) to be answered and politely advised just to ignore it all together and basically just frame it all as a pile of dog shit. look, don't get me wrong, it's all good but the next time you're so sure that you know better then make also sure to not ask for help/advice in the first place and skip technical/customer support. that's all overall.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

So it depends on a lot of things.
Your just to hardcore , good info
Haha this is not hardcore.:>

Now i probing a new "project". / not my idea /

I have a medium quality sound system ( yamaha ag03 + steinberg mk22 sound card with

audio technika ATH-M50x phones or mackie studio speakers )

Sorry for the bump, this hobby room is dirty here, I'm doing repairs here, etc. :D

I found a project RAYA audio raytracing

https://irrlicht.sourceforge.io/forum/v ... hp?t=50218 the forum

With this, in theory, you can have more information about the opponent from much further away than with plain sound production. I think this can be quite beneficial with a good sound system, especially in the case of 1v1.

But a dont found this ( now ).

I probing now https://github.com/kcat/openal-soft OpenAL project.

"OpenAL Soft is an LGPL-licensed, cross-platform, software implementation of the OpenAL 3D audio API. It's forked from the open-sourced Windows version available originally from openal.org's SVN repository (now defunct). OpenAL provides capabilities for playing audio in a virtual 3D environment. Distance attenuation, doppler shift, and directional sound emitters are among the features handled by the API. More advanced effects, including air absorption, occlusion, and environmental reverb, are available through the EFX extension. It also facilitates streaming audio, multi-channel buffers, and audio capture."

I think I can use it with ioquake3.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

adminless wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 17:18 @noobkilla I don't think it's a bright idea to reach to customer/technical support (i.e. to ask for help basically) to be answered and politely advised just to ignore it all together and basically just frame it all as a pile of dog shit. look, don't get me wrong, it's all good but the next time you're so sure that you know better then make also sure to not ask for help/advice in the first place and skip technical/customer support. that's all overall.
Message received and approved!
Lisa_Ann wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 17:50 ...
I have a medium quality sound system ( yamaha ag03 + steinberg mk22 sound card with audio technika ATH-M50x phones or mackie studio speakers )
I found a project RAYA audio raytracing
With this, in theory, you can have more information about the opponent from much further away than with plain sound production. I think this can be quite beneficial with a good sound system, especially in the case of 1v1.
I watched nature documentary about bats, that is how they orient themselves, the sound bounces off the surfaces and their brain makes a picture out of it. You do realize that we are not bats? Maybe all of you are, but I'm human. Just throwing bunch of useless information in the thread, making it just a pile of trash like that room of yours, is not helpful. Adminless will say it's very helpful because you all go way back, you're a gang, you're tight like my grandmas' pantyhose, that's fantastic, good for you! But I don't see how ALL of that useless information, A LOT of useless information is doing anything helpful? Maybe you should let know the bats that there's a sounds software that will make their life easier. It won't coz they're blind, but still it might have some use to them.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

I watched nature documentary about bats, that is how they orient themselves, the sound bounces off the surfaces and their brain makes a picture out of it. You do realize that we are not bats? Maybe all of you are, but I'm human. Just throwing bunch of useless information in the thread, making it just a pile of trash like that room of yours, is not helpful. Adminless will say it's very helpful because you all go way back, you're a gang, you're tight like my grandmas' pantyhose, that's fantastic, good for you! But I don't see how ALL of that useless information, A LOT of useless information is doing anything helpful? Maybe you should let know the bats that there's a sounds software that will make their life easier. It won't coz they're blind, but still it might have some use to them.

I'm just trying to answer everything to the best of my ability...

If this is offensive and disturbing, the admin is there to delete it.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

^ OFC it's not offensive for anyone, it's just useless bunch of info, it's not helping anyone. We started talking about FOV and ended up with this, which is ridiculous. You all instead of helping me tried to derail me and make my gameplay worse, coz you're all jealous of my superior and amazing skills.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

NoobKilla wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 18:38 ^ OFC it's not offensive for anyone, it's just useless bunch of info, it's not helping anyone. We started talking about FOV and ended up with this, which is ridiculous. You all instead of helping me tried to derail me and make my gameplay worse, coz you're all jealous of my superior and amazing skills.
xd anyway, I wrote it for pacman, not for you. ;)
^ironmonkey
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ^ironmonkey »

NoobKilla wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 18:38 ^ OFC it's not offensive for anyone, it's just useless bunch of info, it's not helping anyone. We started talking about FOV and ended up with this, which is ridiculous. You all instead of helping me tried to derail me and make my gameplay worse, coz you're all jealous of my superior and amazing skills.
*Titanic* adminless voice
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

xD I think this guy problems and issues go well beyond just some game settings. quite frankly after the fourth or fifth none sense message I just stopped reading/caring.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

@Adminless, for all I know you could be a blood sucking vampire after suggesting me to see with my ears :), so I think my issues are verrry far away from yours me mate :)
RH
User lv4
User lv4

Post by RH »

Superior? Amazing?

Are you a different player than "noobkilla" on the servers? That would be the only explanation.

Would you like to 1v1? Show your stuff?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hahaha you don't need to get involved on that trust me. you would trash this guy so bad it wouldn't even be funny. I mean so far he just dueled PacMan and you can see for yourself how it went here.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Lisa_Ann wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 19:38
xd anyway, I wrote it for pacman, not for you. ;)
I think he is jealous you did it for me, I didn't realise he has hots for you..... :D
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

@PacMan, girls love me bro, I'm very handsome, as you can see on my profile picture. Yes, that is me, I took a photo of myself, but to hide my real identity I used one of those tools that convert a real photo to a cartoon version of it, but, yeah, that's me. I bet you're now jealous as well.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

You're either a ten-year-old brat or an old man with incipient dementia, I can't explain these childish posts any other way...
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

...jutuli... wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 16:22 You're either a ten-year-old brat or an old man with incipient dementia, I can't explain these childish posts any other way...
I thought we were the old ones lol