Rules sumary upon startup/unclean client detected

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Re: Rules sumary upon startup/unclean client detected

Post by NoobKilla »

And now there's message inside the game: RESAMPLE TEXTURE MAX WIDTH and it's not connecting to your server.

And also I'm unable to play Team Arena anymore, it's grayed out.

Not even single player is working anymore it say: "THAT IS NOT AN UNFREEZE SERVER" and nothing happens, I can only go back to main menu.

Community 1.36 patched version still works and multiplayer also works, but the meshes are all messed up without textures and weapon icons are quite ugly and also mouse's 4th and 5th buttons are not working although they worked before.
Last edited by NoobKilla on Tue Jun 06, 2023 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

try opening the ufconfig-2305.cfg file that I guess that it got generated on the unfreeze folder of the package and increase the com_hunkMegs value. that's rare because the provided value should normally work unless your miss installed the package and/or installed a ton of other files so try setting it up to 256 or something like that and launching the game again. hope that helps. as for team arena no it doesn't work with that package. btw notice that the pacakge is standalone, that's it, you just have to download the file I posted, unzip it, put your pak0.pk3 file inside the baseq3 folder and then double click the ioq3v6.exe file and normally it should work. the single player error clearly tells you, you misintalled the package, try the procedure I just posted.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I unzipped it inside the base folder so all original game files are there. Since community 1.36 exe is working, it starts the game, it starts the single and multiplayer, but in multiplayer I can't switch weapons using my mouse buttons 4 and 5 which are side buttons on my gaming mouse. I was able to do it before. Also players meshes are missing textures, but community 1.36 exe works just fine so nothing is missing. However, your exe is just making all sorts of issues.

EDIT: ok, it works with 256, but what about mouse, how to make my side buttons work again, I need those to switch weapons properly, I have important weapons set on those.

EDIT 2: console constantly displaying an error fill up the log to the max constantly, what a mess!!! will make screenshot, but this is such a mess nothing is working.

In short the log is filling up with these messages so fast I'm unable to see anyone's posting nor am I able to see any of mine simple because it's filling thousands of errors per second:
ioq3v6-intel 2023-06-06 19-55-05-509.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

you can try setting those mouse buttons on the menus (controls) and see if they pick up. if not, if you say that you have a gaming mouse most likely than not you can probably try by mapping those mouse buttons to some other keys for then to work in-game. also by the community I guess you mean the other fpsclasico-client-community-edition.zip package on the download. yes, I guess that you can probably try that other package which is more new if you're having so much trouble with the legacy one though I have the feeling that you're probably mixing things up there. each package should be extracted and run from different folders (just after putting the pak0.pk3 file there) and independent from anything else so in case something breaks you can just delete the extracted folder and stick to your previous installation and you're good to go. remember to not put any other files inside them, not at least so far. as for the console message yes that's a bug I'll probably look that up later for a patch.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Yes, it seems those were returned to the default, I didn't do anything, I set them before, but I guess your files overwrote everything, I had to edit player name and model as well, everything was set to default.

I'm confused though, you told me 23.5 was the latest updated and it includes duel. So, what is going on, why would I downgrade to some older version now? I'll try, but this doesn't sound right, it's like updated latest version is having lots of issues.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well may be it does. that's why there's two packages so I'll check that console error later today or tomorrow and I'll get back to you. and no they didn't overwrite anything, it's just that they are independent as I told so it's like if you never have used them.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

If you say so, I know I've set my player name and edited keys long time ago and they were fine until I unzipped your archive. I played for days without any issues related to keys and player name and model. Something returned those to default.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

those are the default on the folder you unzipped as you haven't set anything there on whatever other installation you were using they should be the same as they were. yes, you had set those on another installation of the game that wasn't the one you unzipped.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

The log is working in that other version, but the enemy players are still either bright green, or have a red texture, but mostly are bright green, I don't know if that's how they're supposed to look. Also I can't play singleplayer training maps, not sure if that's how it's supposed to work, but I see there are 2 training maps, but can't play them.

EDIT: Thanks for all the help so far!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no problem. ok, I just updated now the well know package (ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v23.5.zip) with that console error patched and added a few development dependencies that were missing for the single player to work on windows. additionally the included (updated) mod pk3 should be added today to the server so it (that specific package as-is) should no longer give you any unclean warming then please try again (delete previous downloaded package and files and then download and extract again to a empty destination the updated package then just put your pak0.pk3 file inside the baseq3 folder, nothing else, do not copy any other files into the package, at least not yet, nor copy the files from the package somewhere else) and let me know if you still experience more issues.

again obviously you'll have to configure everything one more time as it will be a "new" install independent from any other "installation" of the game you may have on your system unless obviously you extract the package into a used folder therefore overwriting the files and/or dropping other files besides the pak0.pk3 that could conflict which you should (normally) not as I told you. additionally keep in mind the pak0.pk3 files you need to copy to the baseq3 folder is the 457 MB one from Quake III Arena not the one from team arena. team arena won't work with this package so leave that alone (i.e. for another installation).
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Wow, that's just the most detailed explanation I ever saw. Thank you, but it was not necessary. I know about pak0.pk3 from baseq3, I installed lots of mods upgrading original game, so I have CPMA, OSP, mission packs, excessive, upscale textures, support for Vulkan (which actually works really smooth and fast getting higher fps against OpenGL), etc. Will do a clean unpacking into a different folder. And what about qkey? Should I copy that or do you want me to enter it all over again, because that's quite annoying, I can tell you that. I honestly don't understand why I should not copy the configuration file as well. Look at me complaining again. All right, I'll do it all over again, just for you.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

since 2006 the qkey is no really needed to play online. you should not mix things up with the package (files, mods, addons, cfgs ...) as they might be incompatible as I'm telling you so they might break things up that's why the package is independent so try as-is extracting it to a different empty folder. in reality I believe it's lot more convenient and easier to just download one full package and extract it than having to deal with all that non sense mess. that's really all that's need to be done with it to work.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

But I had to enter my old CD key as the game was asking me every time and when I entered it it finally stopped asking me. Ok, if it's not needed for your version that's great, good to know, but my version it asked for it.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

NoobKilla wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:35 But I had to enter my old CD key as the game was asking me every time and when I entered it it finally stopped asking me. Ok, if it's not needed for your version that's great, good to know, but my version it asked for it.
So in general you overwrite your original install by mistake, which most "don't do" and keep unfreeze Mr Miguel mod stand alone , that's way no issues
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Adminless, it works, there's no warning, there are no errors, all is fine, but just to let you know that while your forum link is accurate on FREEFUN server, which I joined, the other links still point onto non-existing fpsfantastico.de domain with various subdomains. I was unable to switch with ALT-TAB so had to quit the game to let you know. I know players don't want to switch by accident so that's why it's disabled. Also bright textures are deliberate so players can spot each other easily, I know. Thanks for everything, you're cool bro!

EDIT: btw, single player mode is also working against the bot, very nice, thanks!