UnFreeZe Super League 2023

UnFreeZe Super League 2023 History - Immortal Clan Champions
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe League 23/24

Post by adminless »

fantastic noted now, I'm sure a lot of exciting fights await then. ok, let's see what the rest of the teams do then, Приде and over I individually invited all of their registered members this week but so far I haven't heard anything back from any of them yet. oKo seems nowhere to be seen so far for this and diamond clan I guess that is just upset with all the nasty regulations and overall teams line up balance at the moment to participate so we'll see. as for the (other) community nobody signed up for anything here so I assume that there will be no team forza. that being said I still look forward having other (community) team/s build up here, by now I think there's more than enough former (individual) participants and community players as to build at least a couple of teams. in any case, as a reminder the deadline to sign up for the league ends next Friday 6 of October of 2023 23:59:59 CEST (UTC+02) so those around interested in participate make sure to not miss this opportunity to take part of this great league and most importantly to have fun enjoying this great game.

as for the eight team community guy the deadline for that (i.e. to announce that) ends next Friday night to be able to participate on the league otherwise it would have just to be added for a later event or a second leg considering the season would spawn after the Christmas (which so far just with three teams it doesn't seem to be the case, anyways, we'll just discuss/ultimate all that the next week as usual).
Gladiat0r
User lv2
User lv2
in-game nick: *DT*^GLADIAT0R / *DT*NoobsHunter

Post by Gladiat0r »

i am interested in joining the event , but i do not have a clan , please consider adding me to a group if possible .
nickname : noobshunter
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

unlucky, as said, at the time of writing I think that you're the only clanless player to join here so far. considering the deadline to sign up ends just in some days (this Saturday) I see it highly unlikely that (another) community team assemble so we'll see. I was looking exactly at that before and I think that if for whatever the reason is (availability, interest, disagreements, whatever) some teams are finally miss (as it seems like it's gonna be the case) some players could at least team up on a different off-the-record/non committed team to participate on this. for example players like blck, cacahuete, Sub-Zero, Mango, Kra7oS, PUFF or Wilo just to name a few all participated on previous tournaments/community events already and are all perfectly active at the servers regularly at least at the time of writing. such a team I'm sure it would form a formidable squad to compete in this league and I repeat that's just a sample team after a quick browse of the stats site. obviously I'm not gonna get involved personally in team formation beyond looking up for the overall fair balance (i.e. that every team is on the same approximate division and not having teams from first division fighting teams from significantly lesser divisions) much less I'm gonna manage them later on so it's up to the people to ultimately team up but I can tell you that by looking at the servers I see at least another couple of competitive community teams easy. anyways, I'll note you in and in case I can team you up somehow or anything I'll just let you know so stay tuned if not for the league at least for any future community (open) events.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw just as a final reminder here remember that the deadline to sign up for this 2023 UnFreeZe super league ends tomorrow by this time (by the night approx) and so far only three teams have signed up to participate (former 2021 Lineal Champions ILM Clan and no other than the last two runner-ups, ASS Clan and Team Community). as said I don't think the oKo/Diamond absence should come as any surprise (despite dominating the entire previous regular season oKo already had struggled big time back then to get things done and Diamond or whatever combination of players under the Diamond name is hardly made it as a unregistered team to the last tournament and despite wining they really failed to make a impression and the reality it's not that I ended up rejecting any line-up or anything is that they haven't even submitted any line up to begin with this time) that was meant to be however Теам Приде absence as well as the lack of more community and other teams do really come as a disappointment. I think that after three seasons of hard work to finally become very disputed champions and earn the community respect they so long sought Теам Приде deserved at least the chance to properly defend their title rather than going down without even participating and conceding just like that. as for the rest of the teams as said I believe that there was a lot of room to get more (at least a couple of more) participants both former (Over, Сообщество, Forza) as well as new specially now considering that the absence of some top teams free as well various top players to participate and/or assemble with other teams given the case as wrote above. that feels like kind of a missed opportunity to those players and potential teams.

anyways, that's always better than later having yet another endless shit show and eleven more pages of drama here and on the upside this will turn the calendar a lot more competitive (this is now literally six finals to crown a champion) and comfortable so at least it should allow for another main or community event (ideally a Team UnFreeZe undisputed mega fight against some of the former champions) before the holidays to complete the season. as for the format I think that now there should be no discussion it will just be the two legged league format posted on the second sample disputed between the three participant teams so just to make it clear here this is what I have noted so far:
  • participants
    • ILM Clan: blaze, ironmonkey, vortex, fusion, orgi, mike, makaveli
    • ASS Clan: ricky, infinity, angelfish, walnut, rico, toxic, audz, oab
    • Team Community: fau, aimer, semisek, mywifehatesq3, pks, ribx, lee
  • calendar
    • Week 1: Team Community VS ASS Clan - Wednesday 11 of October of 2023 21:00
    • Week 2: ILM Clan VS Team Community - Wednesday 18 of October of 2023 21:00
    • Week 3: ASS Clan VS ILM Clan - Wednesday 25 of October of 2023 21:00
    • Week 4: ASS Clan VS Team Community - Wednesday 1 of November of 2023 21:00
    • Week 5: Team Community VS ILM Clan - Wednesday 8 of November of 2023 21:00
    • Week 6: ILM Clan VS ASS Clan - Wednesday 15 of November of 2023 21:00
the rest of the rules and everything will just be what's already posted there as said so unless something else change in the next 24 hours (which I highly doubt and to be honest by now it would just come across as disrespectful to show up out of nowhere two weeks late here) I guess that should be it so it would be good that the participants start considering that and come back with anything they might want to discuss otherwise we will just open with the first of the two last runner up encounters next week. remember that as written in the rules the teams are not going to be micro managed or anything but by the end of the league (i.e. those six matches) all the registered players must have played at least one (in-record) game otherwise they will be removed from their team by the end of it (which could lead to complications in the future). additionally for this season the regular matches will be played at best of three so in the event of a 2:0/0:2 now it's encouraged (not mandatory) to play the third game off-the-record anyways.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

We would like to add player snek to our team!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok noted now thanks for the update.
kf

Post by kf »

adminless wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 19:21 Diamond or whatever combination of players under the Diamond name is hardly made it as a unregistered team to the last tournament and despite wining they really failed to make a impression and the reality it's not that I ended up rejecting any line-up or anything is that they haven't even submitted any line up to begin with this time
ok i will respond to that finally

we, Diamond (reminder: Miroslav , OLC , KF , Heero-2b , Shantu , HolySquid , FragMasin and Viper++) were supposed to decide playing between 3 involved players which are Miroslav or Shantu and Heero because of "balancing". so we were supposed to play with Miro and dropping our newest players Shantu AND Heero - or we could have participate with Shantu and Heero while dropping Miroslav who pretty much got this team going in case of "balancing"?

i dont decide between players that i like to play with because of some "balancing" reasons. i play with players that i feel good to and theres no matter about their skill tier or anything. we just got a "balancing" rule at the last event. and reminder to you: we finally won anyways!

when i look to all other teams which are just participating here - they pretty much match the same "skill-level" or are better than us when it comes to individual skill - i think in such case we have the biggest gap between our better and weaker players. 2 of 3 teams just switching and adding players and theres no discussion about balance overall

quick reminder:
ASS just added infi at last event which pretty much just did all at dm13 for example - no discussions about balancing

watch ILM - they added vortex which is also pretty good - no discussion

same now with community and snek - no discussion

and tbh im pretty much cool with it anyways. i dont need to discuss about the teams and whoever plays there, just play with each you feel good - no problem for me

and i also like to play against such strong teams too in case of the competetive feelings. i dont want to play against ASS when they dont get ricky started or missing some other good player, it doesnt feel good even if you win, i dont need to play versus a "b-team" for balancing reasons, i want their strongest lineup which they can get and test our team.

so with that said, i will not replace anyone like miroslav, olc , masin, viper++, squiddy, shantu or heero in case of some weird balancing reasons because i shared a lot time with such guys, having much fun playing with them. we had no problem with your rule last time, but i will not drop and miss anyone of them.

we, DIAMOND will not participate because of that this time.

we, DIAMOND wish any participants good luck and much fun to upcoming league.

we, DIAMOND can be messaged by any team which wants to practice some games.

I, KF just still being thankful to you Miguel by still organizing such quake events and keeping it alive.

have a nice weekend :)
Prepare for fake .WTF!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sounds good to me, like I said, obviously by now I wasn't expecting anything else from you. anyways, if you so much want to do olc, shantu, kf, viper, holysquid, fragmasin, heero and miro and anything else I think I can sign you up for that undisputed team UnFreeZe mega fight that I was talking about once this ends where you will fight another mix of top team players just like yours if you want so let me know. other than that I'm not gonna waste my time talking with people that is more than two weeks late to the conversation as there's no point in that however I can tell you that you bring the balance/other teams topic after your team just won last tournament don't make any sense (it's not what I "think", none of those changes made any real difference for a fact, the outcome was exactly the same your team won even without the presence of the uncontested undisputed super champion and former Сообщество leader got just bored, it wasn't even entertaining for him he just declared that in-game himself). of those the only (initially) relevant change that happened yesterday was the addition of snek to team community for which I already notified miro after it that the line-up olc, shantu, kf, viper, holysquid, fragmasin, miro (with miro and shantu) would also have been approved given the circumstances.

ok, so then as expected nothing changed and the ilm, ass, community and calendar will remain and I'll update the sample accordingly after this then please Team Community and ASS Clan start considering now when you can play the opening game of the league and what do you want to play. as usual we should just leave that set by the weekend or the start the next week the latest.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey it appears oKo just signed up as well for this in PM now so I'll have to adjust the calendar now then please stay tuned.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

kf wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 20:08
adminless wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 19:21 Diamond or whatever combination of players under the Diamond name is hardly made it as a unregistered team to the last tournament and despite wining they really failed to make a impression and the reality it's not that I ended up rejecting any line-up or anything is that they haven't even submitted any line up to begin with this time
ok i will respond to that finally

we, Diamond (reminder: Miroslav , OLC , KF , Heero-2b , Shantu , HolySquid , FragMasin and Viper++) were supposed to decide playing between 3 involved players which are Miroslav or Shantu and Heero because of "balancing". so we were supposed to play with Miro and dropping our newest players Shantu AND Heero - or we could have participate with Shantu and Heero while dropping Miroslav who pretty much got this team going in case of "balancing"?

i dont decide between players that i like to play with because of some "balancing" reasons. i play with players that i feel good to and theres no matter about their skill tier or anything. we just got a "balancing" rule at the last event. and reminder to you: we finally won anyways!

when i look to all other teams which are just participating here - they pretty much match the same "skill-level" or are better than us when it comes to individual skill - i think in such case we have the biggest gap between our better and weaker players. 2 of 3 teams just switching and adding players and theres no discussion about balance overall

quick reminder:
ASS just added infi at last event which pretty much just did all at dm13 for example - no discussions about balancing

watch ILM - they added vortex which is also pretty good - no discussion

same now with community and snek - no discussion

and tbh im pretty much cool with it anyways. i dont need to discuss about the teams and whoever plays there, just play with each you feel good - no problem for me

and i also like to play against such strong teams too in case of the competetive feelings. i dont want to play against ASS when they dont get ricky started or missing some other good player, it doesnt feel good even if you win, i dont need to play versus a "b-team" for balancing reasons, i want their strongest lineup which they can get and test our team.

so with that said, i will not replace anyone like miroslav, olc , masin, viper++, squiddy, shantu or heero in case of some weird balancing reasons because i shared a lot time with such guys, having much fun playing with them. we had no problem with your rule last time, but i will not drop and miss anyone of them.

we, DIAMOND will not participate because of that this time.

we, DIAMOND wish any participants good luck and much fun to upcoming league.

we, DIAMOND can be messaged by any team which wants to practice some games.

I, KF just still being thankful to you Miguel by still organizing such quake events and keeping it alive.

have a nice weekend :)
Just join the league wtf bitchEZ

Better your team than out
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok in a fight between a team that virtually had the entire season at play (ass) and another that had nothing at play (aka nothing to loss here - ilm) this last finally pulled arguably their best performance of the season to stop the last summer cup runner up and with such result pretty much turn the entire results upside down which just comes to show how beside the first and sixth place tightly balanced this really is. that means that with this result regardless of the last fight tomorrow the final season have been decided with immortal as champion (that was already known the Sunday), oKo as runner-up, team community as a solid third place with finally a great result despite the weak second half of the season, ass/ilm pretty much tied (ass officially in fourth due more rounds taken while ilm fourth in the all around off-the-results due one more win) and then newcomers double trouble as sixth place and with the season sportsmanship award as bonus due completing and honoring the season in full despite the hardships and not giving up and losing the spirit. so that's all, that means that tomorrow then there's still at play the first and second place of the second leg (a oko 2:0 win gives them the first place there while a 2:1 win makes immortal first place while making them second place and finally a immortal win makes them first place and ass second place regardless of the score) along with at least a symbolic overall first place tie in the off-the-record season results if oko wins which is no little thing for a single fight.

and I think that's it by now until tomorrow. as for the follow up special Christmas super fight between the last two season champions, the other day immortal just signed up for that right away so now just waiting for pride to at least join that within the next days as to make it happen. I invited them all (pride) these days so let's give them some days to see if they finally decide to reach back and if by the weekend/beginning of next week they haven't then I guess that will be it with this and it just won't happen. I personally think that would be a very interesting top rated fight (quite frankly something that a team of the likes of pride just can not miss) and even despite being a off the season non title fight it would count nevertheless for the historic ranking so most likely than not the first place there would as well be at play so we'll see. whatever the case is at least one thing is cleat if they turn down/ignore that as well they will clearly be undisputed anything no more.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

Not quite over yet but a few thoughts from me (that nobody asked for) nonetheless.

Having participated since the first tournament, this has been the smoothest by far without too much drama so credits to all the teams that took part in this. I appreciate the whole league was completed in 2 months (shortest excluding summer cups?) as that kept the end in sight and motivation high. Also important to recognise the amount of time spent to schedule, oversee and record each game with updates being added to the forum almost immediately as that is what keeps the tournament running smooth. I was a bit skeptical about the 3 tiers of maps at the beginning but it ended up being an interesting update that worked well, same as the best of 3 format.

A few things to consider for future editions:
- Avoid making 'balancing' changes to the maps/teams halfway through: for maps it shouldn't make a difference as all teams would play on the same version of the map for the whole duration of the tournament even if unbalanced and for teams, it's rare that we don't know the players in each team as the community is still relatively small so we roughly know the 'strength' of a team when we sign up. If adjustments to a team need to be made then it should be discussed before the tournament starts in my opinion.
- No-one wants a team member to be kicked because they can't play much: life gets in the way sometimes especially for players that are not so young anymore but we still like to play with each other whenever possible. To follow up on the previous point, it'd be better if changes to a team happen before the tournament starts (or after it ends).
- It would be nice to have an input on the choice of maps for the tiers: some stats on this would be helpful eventually (hub and bal most played maps?) but despite having 8 maps in each tier it felt like the practical choices were more limited as certain maps like 13Hell were never really appealing to try.

Final note, well done to DT for playing till the end! Great spirit and determination throughout the whole tournament! Looking forward to seeing how competitive they will be at the next tournament :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, as I said, I think that it has worked and played great and I believe that it has been a good improvement over previous editions in almost every aspect. I know, as I wrote in the season thread I assume that probably after so many editions/years people have finally come to realize that just coming here to bullshit me, bullshit the event, bullshit the opponents, bullshit the game and/or just come up with any other other drama wasn't going to play in their favor if not the opposite so yes, well played in that aspect too and once again thank you to everyone for completing and honoring the UnFreeZe Super League 2023 in full.

as for the changes (overall) I think that this time I kept them to a minimum if anything since there was really no need to change anything as for most part by now this is just fine the way it's so I don't even really expect a major drastic/dramatic changes for future editions/events just as I wrote earlier. same, the availability/activity rules were all well known since the beginning and since the beginning not just of this edition but from time ago and they are there for a reason so it was nothing new and at the end of the day is just common sense, you can not sign up to a tournament to not participate as that goes nowhere, and even part of the overall balance (the spirit of the rule aims at discouraging the teams to play the entire season just with the same players all the time and instead encourage participation and rotation). yeah as I said, obviously the tiers just to begin with will be different so we'll see as usual it will ultimately come down to the situation and the circumstances at play at that time which just can't be foreseen at the time of writting.

great, for rest remember this night 21:00 at the secondary fpsclassico.com server (gtv fpsclassico.com:27971) will be the last fight of the season between oko and immortal still with various significant results at play so stay tuned. other than that this morning finally ixxaaa signed up for the UnFreeZe Super Fight 2023 against immortal that had already singed up for that then I assume that will finally happen at some date still to agree during this Christmas holidays. this time he commented that unfortunately the original well known "sbornaya"/pride line up that won the previous season isn't entirely available (which I assume is then the real reason why they didn't participate this season) but that they will participate anyway just with other people from their community as necessary so I'll just set them this time as the original Теам Москва that debuted against team UnFreeZe instead and we'll see how that plays out. not explicitly commented but I assume that it was understood by being a one time event, it will just the regular best of five 5vs5 format that has always been played here with each team picking three maps from the entire pool and the top three remaining picks coming as tie-breakers with immortal as the A side and Moskva choosing the server (fpsclasico.eu:27968 or fpsclassico.com:27970).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

breaking, immortal finally delivered with a more varied line up and took the last fight of the season complete a almost perfect season now just waiting for a extra fight against Moskva during the next weeks in one of the most exciting matches. well played guys and once again thank you everyone for completing and honoring the UnFreeZe Super League 2023 in full. see you in the next one and needless to say results and stats now for the whole thing to come next here.
^Walnut*
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: -=ASS=-^WALNUT

Post by ^Walnut* »

Thanks for organising everything adminless! It was a great competition and very exciting. It looks like all teams really improved from last competitions!

Also DT just keep practicing and you will get better for sure. I find (and I think that I speak for most people here) that you guys really improved over the season and played very well. I can see us (ASS) in you guys, because we also were in the bottom former competitions 1/2 years ago. But we also became a better contendor, because of some good new players and our skills improved a lot! So just keep practicing and maybe add some new players in the future.

Also admin I'm with Aimer on the 'a player has to play at least one match in a leg rule'. People just are busy with personal life sometimes and don't have time to play the game then. For example Oab got a baby recently and is busy with that, but I don't want to make him feel that he must play, because of that rule! I would also say change things before the tournament starts or after a leg ends like Aimer said!

Lastly congratulations to Immortall for taking the championship, wp and ggs guys and thanks for everyone that participated (also all the gtv fans) :thumbup:
*-=Masin rulezzz=-*