community summer 23 event

Quake III Arena classic game servers forum.

what event would you like to play the next Wednesday 30 of August of 2023 21:00 CEST?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 27, 2023 21:07

ffa - bal3dm3, 13excave_b1, goldleaf, bloodcovenant, focal_p132 (8-12 players)
33%
ctf - q3ctf1, q3wcp17, mkbase, q3wcp18, oasago2 (-10 players)
8%
UnFreeZe - cpm4a, 13hell, goldleaf, bal3dm3, 13excave_b1 (+12 players)
42%
I want as well to challenge semisek to some duel!! (comment bellow)
17%

Total votes: 12

PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: community summer 23 event

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 23:53 in the mean time while still waiting to see if somebody else join along this week updated now the poll with the final event options for the next Wednesday 30 of August of 2023 21:00 CEST (UTC+02) night so please chose the one/s you prefer. as noted there depending on the turn out some options might not work/be available though as usual there's some room/margin from that, for example, the ffa can perfectly be played just with seven people instead of eight. those numbers would just be the ideal/recommended for reference.
If possible give some time , I know you need to plan ahead and we all lazy , maybe you drink to much red bull :crazy:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

hehe no problem if you want a rematch with semi I guess that it can be done (considering he is interested/available as well of course). I think that it can be a good warmup for the main event so a possible date I propose would be the Tuesday 29 of August of 2023 21:00 CEST (UTC+02) or even this same Sunday 20 night if you both want. as for the format is well know best of five with a-b-b-a-c order and tie-breakers ztn3tourney1, pro-q3dm6, pukka3tourney2, hub3tourney1, hub3aeroq3, pro-q3tourney4, hektik_b3, pro-q3tourney2, pro-q3tourney7. just to be safe the map pool to chose for that is: so when you know about that let me know to leave that set, remember that each pick three maps and blocks one. ok, as for the main even so far nobody else joined, we're still the same seven, there's still some days left to join (let's say until Sunday) but by now with that amount of players and the voting I assume that then we're heading for the ffa option (the UnFreeZe one would require at least more than ten confirmed players to be considered and the ctf appears not to be that interesting at the moment). do not forget that there's still good room for at least five more players or so then if somebody else around is interested on this but haven't sign up yet do not hesitate to join us.
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

Sure i can play with pacass. 29. August sounds good.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great news then let's see what pac says as well. btw what maps do you wanna chose?
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Any chance we can do Monday? As Tuesday I am at poor Internet residence , am I right that 7pm gmt?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, Monday night could work as well depending on semisek of course. 21:00 CEST (UTC+02) is 20:00 GMT DST (UTC+01) which I assume is the local daylight saving time in your location.
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

Monday 28.8? Sounds good to me. Can i let pacman choose all maps?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, fair enough, then I think that I can PM you that later today for the Monday 28 of August of 2023 21:00 CEST (UTC+02). as for the maps from he said I highly doubt pacman really knows what to pick so I guess that given the case I can probably just suggest/make it q3shw19, q3dm2, cpm15, q3dm5, qxtourney1 as the best compromise. have fun and good luck.

as for the main event (ffa so far) we're still the same seven, do not forget that the deadline to sing up ends this Sunday and it would be great to still have a few (1-5) more guys in for this.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Semisek48 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:18 Monday 28.8? Sounds good to me. Can i let pacman choose all maps?
Cool can we do 8.10/8.15pm?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

20:15 CEST (UTC+02) looks too early to me, I think 20:45 CEST (UTC+02) would be the earliest for the Monday.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, PM for that (the semisek/pacman duel rematch for the Monday 20:45) sent now to both. if anything just let me know, otherwise catch you all the Monday night in game. have fun and good luck both.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:53 20:15 CEST (UTC+02) looks too early to me, I think 20:45 CEST (UTC+02) would be the earliest for the Monday.
Sorry I am confused with the time I added 10/15mins to make it slightly later as I get back on 8pm UK time
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ah ok sure, you meant 20:15 local time (21:15 CEST), yes that's better then the Monday we'll meet at that time (21:15 CEST). no problem, thanks for the update.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, as expected (by now) nobody else showed so just sent event PM on forum for that before to aimer, pacman, edversion, shantu, balony, semisek, gladiator plus a few extra guest invitations to former participants and active members. obviously with just seven confirmed participants (not enough for a solid UnFreeZe community game) and with that voting (nobody really voted ctf) the event will obviously be a ffa community game like the ones previously organized. great, this means that then we're finally all set here so just to make clear what will happen this is what will be played:
  • Monday 28 of August of 2023 21:15 CEST (UTC+02) - Semisek VS PacMan II (duel)
  • Wednesday 30 of August of 2023 21:00 CEST (UTC+02) - Summer 23 FFA Community Event (aimer, pacman, edversion, shantu, balony, semisek, gladiator plus invited guests [potentially])
I think that not explicitly said here but I guess that should be known already, the server for the duel will be the usual new one not the legacy masters one. additionally since this ended up not being a UnFreeZe thing I just moved this here to this more appropriate forum. once completed, the event results/videos/stats will all go to separate threads at their specific sub-forums here as usual so stay tuned. well and I think that then unless I missed something, made some mistake or anything (in such case just let me know) this should finally be ready to go now. as said, there's probably still some spots potentially left so if somebody is still available/interested in participate feel free to let me know before the start of the event. otherwise, have fun and good luck, catch you all in-game.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yesterday it got played the Semisek VS PacMan II rematch with no surprises and since this morning up on its separate thread as usual so check it out. definitively a very worthy and interesting event to warmup for the main event tomorrow night. additionally I also recruited two more extra players (masin and cth) in the meantime to add to the already seven confirmed so that means that now there could just be one (or so) more extra slot in case somebody is still interested. also not mentioned it so far but since there could some new players this time just to be safe know that to connect to a private server (i.e. passworded) you do so by setting the password provided on the PM/mail in your client at the time of connection (i.e. once it tells you "invalid password") with the \password 1234 command where 1234 is obviously the actual password instead and that after successfully connecting once in-game you should just retype that command once again to ensure that stays on successive game starts (i.e. so you don't lose and gets kicked).