february community event

Quake III Arena classic game servers forum.

what do you want to do with the potential ctf event?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:29

play it this Sunday 5 21:00 CET (UTC+01)
63%
play it this Wednesday 8 21:00 CET (UTC+01)
38%
nothing, better let it be by now and may be give it another try on the future
No votes

Total votes: 8

oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Re: february community event

Post by oKo*Magister »

I want to join ffa, but depends what day will it be :D
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok, noted you now both (cth and magi) and with you we are already eleven (ami, miro, aimer, P0rsche, berkut, mwhq3, fau, masin, semi, cth, magi if I haven't missed anybody) plus pacman as backup which means that then we are finally enough people to make this happen. for the format from what I see I guess that then we are going mostly for a ffa event which is what you seem to be requesting/voting at the moment on the "all-star" maps (ospdm1, japandm, ospdm6, q3shw14, phantq3dm3_rev) with quad enabled just for fun this time. the UnFreeZe event I think it's clear that it's discarded and same for the small ctf cup, I mean, not a single team signed up for that, not happening. a ctf event can probably be tried after the ffa event (which will be main thing) as well if it happens although from what I see the interest/availability for that is probably low. as said, if it happens, it happens, if not then the ffa will. for the initial date from what I read I believe that we can probably start by trying the next Sunday 26 of February of 2023 21:00 CET (UTC+01). there's still time and room for more people to join, I think that probably up to sixteen people (including pacman) is ok, in case there's still somebody else around interested/available but it would be good to know anyways how the 26 would work out for those that joined already.

@masin yes, the ffa is getting quite busy (and fun) lately however it's still far from full beside for the maps that run on that server/mode/settings more than twenty players would be overkill. the sweet spot for that server is somewhere between 10-16 players which is mostly what is actually doing with 20 probably about the max.
Shantu
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Shantu »

I'd be happy to join for some FFA. Preferably classic weapon pickup rules and no quad, but happy to play either way.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great, noted you then as well for some hot ffa. well, my feelings are that people is here because of the pub (and it's known to be working good) so the most reasonable to me seems to host the event like that as I assume that's what people have played and it's sued to (here) already. the quad addition (or rather, the lack of disabling) is just for fun as it was also a recent request (on another very similar mode). the maps are all known unquestionable premium a triple plus tier deathmatch maps.
pks
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pks »

I'd join FFA and CTF events, if time permits.
.WTF!P0rsche?!
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: .WTF!P0rsche?!

Post by .WTF!P0rsche?! »

my strategy will be to take a quad and fly around the map in search of Pacman. Packman prepare your fifth point for everything you have done for me!)))
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 22:19 great, noted you then as well for some hot ffa. well, my feelings are that people is here because of the pub (and it's known to be working good) so the most reasonable to me seems to host the event like that as I assume that's what people have played and it's sued to (here) already. the quad addition (or rather, the lack of disabling) is just for fun as it was also a recent request (on another very similar mode). the maps are all known unquestionable premium a triple plus tier deathmatch maps.

Any chance of "reverse" invisibility lol I know I know I asking a bit much now haha
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

.WTF!P0rsche?! wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 13:17 my strategy will be to take a quad and fly around the map in search of Pacman. Packman prepare your fifth point for everything you have done for me!)))
Lol

I am ready for you as Ami suck all your bladder blood out you will be easier target
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great, ok, then we are thirteen already (ami, miro, aimer, P0rsche, berkut, mwhq3, fau, masin, semi, cth, magi, shantu, pks) plus pacman as backup. in case there's still somebody else interested I think that probably there's still room for a couple of more guys, whatever the case is I think that then this by this Sunday I'll close the sign up and we'll move with the event/s preparations. initially a deathmatch battle on ospdm1, japandm, ospdm6, q3shw14, phantq3dm3_rev the next Sunday 26 of February of 2023 21:00 CET (UTC+01) if that works for the majority if not we can probably look for another date around it. additionally afterwards since the turnout has finally been decent I think that may be we can give a try to some (I mean, just one) ctf fight too the week after still to determine/consider (if it happens, it happens, if not, np).

@pacman lol I don't even know what you mean by reverse invisibility but I don't plan on making any further changes nor to drop invisibility powerups.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 22:25 great, ok, then we are thirteen already (ami, miro, aimer, P0rsche, berkut, mwhq3, fau, masin, semi, cth, magi, shantu, pks) plus pacman as backup. in case there's still somebody else interested I think that probably there's still room for a couple of more guys, whatever the case is I think that then this by this Sunday I'll close the sign up and we'll move with the event/s preparations. initially a deathmatch battle on ospdm1, japandm, ospdm6, q3shw14, phantq3dm3_rev the next Sunday 26 of February of 2023 21:00 CET (UTC+01) if that works for the majority if not we can probably look for another date around it. additionally afterwards since the turnout has finally been decent I think that may be we can give a try to some (I mean, just one) ctf fight too the week after still to determine/consider (if it happens, it happens, if not, np).

@pacman lol I don't even know what you mean by reverse invisibility but I don't plan on making any further changes nor to drop invisibility powerups.
You never saw that mod?

Normally invisibly gave you slight advantage

But some servers did reverse if you took it everyone became invisible to you lol
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

xD no I didn't and I guess for a good reason, that sounds like absolute useless junk.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, so as said, the week has ended and with it the sign up/poll for this, that means that then we'll go for this with ami, miro, aimer, P0rsche, berkut, mwhq3, fau, masin, semi, cth, magi, shantu, pks and pacman as backup as people have signed up for this. good, I still haven't heard anything about the currently suggested date of the next Sunday 26 of February of 2023 21:00 CET (UTC+01) for the main ffa carnage night event on maps ospdm1, japandm, ospdm6, phantq3dm3_rev, q3shw14 so I assume that unless there's a major request to change that date by a significant amount of people here, I'll just send that as final here on forum PM's in a few days (Tuesday/Wednesday or so) as usual. for the rest as it was requested and as we are at least 12 people (hopefully 14) I was thinking in also setting up a ctf battle (teams still to determine within the next few days now that the participants are known) probably on maps q3wctf2, mkbase, q3ctf2, oasago2, japanctf this time instead (very similar as previous time only with q3wctf2 and japanctf in place of q3ctf1 and dc_map24 that clearly can't host anything beyond 5vs5 or even really 4vs4 for dc_map24). from what I heard I think that the next Tuesday 28 of February of 2023 21:00 (UTC+01) can be a good date for that unless people wanna do just this Wednesday/Thursday for that which I assume you don't (some were not available). anyways, as usual as said, the main event for what people signed up for is the ffa one so it's not like the ctf has to happen although I believe it would be great if it does anyways. ok, so any input about that from the people that joined this before making that final within the next few days?
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

In for ffa on sunday, i'd prefer ctf on wed/thu though if that happens.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure, let's wait to hear from more people, I think that if there's really interest on the ctf thing even it could be done on a weekend if everyone want like this Saturday 25 or the next Sunday 5. if not the Wednesday 1 will be just fine to give that a try and see how it goes. well at least I think we got one thing clear so far, this Sunday for the main ffa event most people signed up for. thanks for the input.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 23:19 sure, let's wait to hear from more people, I think that if there's really interest on the ctf thing even it could be done on a weekend if everyone want like this Saturday 25 or the next Sunday 5. if not the Wednesday 1 will be just fine to give that a try and see how it goes. well at least I think we got one thing clear so far, this Sunday for the main ffa event most people signed up for. thanks for the input.
Dude currently I can't do Sundays, boohoo