Glacius Maps

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Glacius Maps

Post by adminless »

as I said activating the personal teleporter just "respawns" you in the map. more specifically it simply teleports you to a random spawn point in the map when activated. it's not some sort of sombra overwatch teleporter rip off. as said, it's not meant for tactical purposes and it's not even featured/disabled in any of the maps (let alone in the events) besides those two space maps (q3dm16 and the added klhights) where mostly it's just intended to avoid dying when team shooted out of the map and/or by any other means when falling to the void as I'm telling you.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

So, the T can now be picked on that most played map where they push you easily overboard with the railgun? You know the one map we play the most where you can be railed or rocketed over the edge into black space.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, it's only available on the klhights spot shown in the video along with the q3dm16 one shown on the screenshot at the public servers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Thanks for the screenshot. So, we can all pick it up or have to fight for it? Because if we have to fight for it, well, then that brings a whole new level of competitiveness. I suspect teammates will be fighting between each other for it LOL. Not really what should happen, but there are asses among us, as you know.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

you have to fight for it like any other item. dude as I'm telling you it just behaves like any other item you pick up.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Bro, I'm slow as you can probably tell :)
Karen
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Karen »

You can stop these nightmares from playing DM14 way too often... 😉
... simply by going Glacius!! 😊

NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Nice!!! :lol: Um, I just don't understand why it's a nightmare, you're usually at the end of the list, not top LOL. And I frag you all the time, when you play I'm usually very high, because you bring me most of the points Karen LOL
Karen
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Karen »

Glad to help you with your score... 😊
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe nice video and animation as usual btw on the glacius topic please notice that this week I finally updated 13excave with the final version of it that got released later this summer instead of the early beta/test version that was running so make sure to update and get that map to not miss any games at galcius from now on. as to not completely trash it (glacius) in the short I'll still leave 13excave_b1 in the rotation until the Monday and by the Tuesday and onward then I'll just remove it with 13excave for what follows.
Shantu
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Shantu »

Is there any difference between 13excave_b1 and the final version? I checked ingame and couldn't find any. If there's none, I don't think it's worth adding because it will cause people without maps to drop more. Autodownloads would help so much!

Since you are making changes already, would it be possible to replace or remove a few maps?

mrcq3t4 is probably even worse than dm14 for unfreeze. It's just a big corridor that everyone spams/rails in.
dc_map08 has extremely tight corridors and the middle arena is not engaging at all. Similar to the previous in that the two teams just hold two opposite areas and spam the other.
wdw3team1 is not the worst, but seems to be somewhat unpopular due to the narrow corridors and labyrinthine layout.

Thanks for your consideration!
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

Adminless, Shantu has risen important questions. I'm not sure how you pick maps, but is there any way we can vote on them on the forum, like for example, you provide list and screenshots and we vote for them? Is that possible? Are all maps for UnFreeze or not? I visited lvlworld website and watched some of the videos provided and I can tell you some of those maps are so impressive you can't even recognize the game is Q3A! My jaw just stood open and I wondered why are we not playing those!?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@shantu yes, it's the same exact map only differences are minor details like the usual lightning, physics (i.e. jump pads, item alignment, brush work etc etc) and similar optimizations expected for a final release and running a beta version just because people can't have it is not a option. my feelings are that people will just update/get it like all the rest of the forty maps in the glacius extended rotation. in fact, I already updated all the packs around the site accordingly yesterday replacing 13excave_b1 with 13excave for easiness of distribution and despite that I still won't run it in the rotation until the Tuesday as to give some time to the people to get it. dc_map08 is one of the favorites for small games at glacius for several people, that map is a classic and for casual small games is quite good. wdw3team1 is one of the all time best and most popular Quake III Arena community maps for team related games like ftag. furthermore it's as well even part of the official cpma release as cpm9. I think that should tell all that needs to be told about it. yes probably mrcq3t4 is not as good that being said is more than a notable and popular community map as well even included in the official cpma release as none other than cpm6. again you can not go wrong with a map with such record. as said and brought across the thread, the sole reason of existence of glacius is to play something else other than just the top picks so start removing maps just for being any short of favorites is not a option. the glacius extended rotation is so large because people have consistently requested it to be so.

@noobkilla I pick maps based in what has been played as well as requested the most and worked the best across close to two decades of running top public Quake III Arena servers so the quality should be more than guarantee already. I don't really think there's much else of significance left to add, that being said, you can still request here anything you want and it will be considered.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

@Adminless, sorry I didn't know. So those are well-known old maps community of players like to play, the most popular. What I saw on that map website are new maps. There appear to be many different teams of content makers making textures and maps as we speak here. I will do as you say, but I didn't mean to suggest that what all of you veterans play here is not interesting, after all I'm playing with you all every day since I joined. I was just shocked by the quality of those maps I saw today, not knowing they're recently made maps.

EDIT: for example, this one, I didn't see the date it was added, 25 Sep 2023, because of those large buttons on the bottom left of the page, but please take a look at the video, doesn't that looks interesting: https://lvlworld.com/media/id:2518

This one interesting too:
https://lvlworld.com/video/id:1974

This one too:
https://lvlworld.com/video/id:1975

Adminless, why don't you surprise us and pick the new maps? Maybe alternate the two lists every weekend, classic maps one weekend, new maps the next one. If that is even possible I don't know, you're the expert on the subject, I don't know if those maps would work for UnFreeze mod, but you have to admit there are just many new maps looking impressive!

This developer claims he found a lag solution, when players that are far away are playing on the same server: https://lvlworld.com/mod/id:51 we could test it and review it, we do have lag issues.

I'm assuming Deep Freeze map would work for UnFreeze mod: https://lvlworld.com/media/id:1863 there's no video only screenshots.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that plonker map is relatively new and it could be a worthy addition to consider at some point in the future but not by now. the other two are already known old maps and they never really were any good/popular. the last isn't even a map, it's a different mod, and the extra one you added later is shit.