Glacius Maps

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Re: Glacius Maps

Post by NoobKilla »

fau wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:39 How about vote nextmap on glacius?
Is that possible on Q3A? I wondered about that one, but didn't ask about it because I thought it was not possible. Yeah, we vote on all other games, eg. Xonotic, Cube 2: Sauerbraten, COD2, BFBC2, Splitgate, Ironsight, etc. Every game I played or playing on there's voting system, even with a screenshot of the map you click on. Adminless, trust us, we're the gamers, you will benefit from more players joining in. It should not hurt you to try and see how it goes.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

I believe that this has been discussed more than long enough already over and over again. all those maps you're now complaining about were introduced just because if not all at least a significant amount of you asked for them (i.e. q3dm15/q3dm10, new glacius maps [just look all over the place] etc etc) and obviously now just straight up remove them or add voting to then simply effectively remove them won't fix anything other than just getting back to the starting point which I assume it's a worse situation (i.e. that you're not gonna want that either) so it's just the way it's and you have to be consequent with that. I repeat I ran these servers just with limited top map picks rotations since the beginning for years until you if not absolutely unanimously at least a qualified majority asked for more maps so I don't think there's much I can do for you. moreover I insist if you just want to join a server to argue about the map and/or the specific way in which you want to play or anything else rather than just having a blast you can do so at any of the private servers that for other than when there's a event scheduled they run 24/7 as well and all feature complete and unrestricted callvote.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

I'm one of the new players, and there are new players who joined in, I think there are more than 16 of them now, maybe another vote? But, I guess since just 3 of us complained about it here on the forum, it's pointless, we're not those players. So, I guess, we're just wasting time LOL
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 14:45 I believe that this has been discussed more than long enough already over and over again. all those maps you're now complaining about were introduced just because if not all at least a significant amount of you asked for them (i.e. q3dm15/q3dm10, new glacius maps [just all over the place] etc etc) and obviously now just straight up remove them or add voting to then simply effectively remove them won't fix anything other than just getting back to the starting point which I assume it's a worse situation (i.e. that you're not gonna want that either) so it's just the way it's and you have to be consequent with that. I repeat I ran these servers just with limited top map picks rotations since the beginning for years until you if not absolutely unanimously at least a qualified majority asked for more maps so I don't think there's much I can do for you. moreover I insist if you just want to join a server to argue about the map and/or the specific way in which you want to play or anything else rather than just having a blast you can do so at any of the private servers that for other than when there's a event scheduled they run 24/7 as well and all feature complete and unrestricted callvote.
Maybe vote it.in once a year for changes like this
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

NoobKilla wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 15:37 I'm one of the new players, and there are new players who joined in, I think there are more than 16 of them now, maybe another vote? But, I guess since just 3 of us complained about it here on the forum, it's pointless, we're not those players. So, I guess, we're just wasting time LOL
Yes, you are a relatively new player here and that is why you repeat exactly what every new player does every time. I just admire the admin's patience to explain it to everyone over and over again. Some change once in a while is fine, I also dont like full servers and some maps, but changing something every time someone remembers something, would soon send the server into oblivion.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

pretty much, one thing is removing/adding some exotic extra map/s here and there and/or making a few minor adjustments here and there as usual and another different thing is now to remove like half the rotation to then have people (rightfully this time) asking about new maps all over the place again. I mean, even despite all that you're still gonna have people complaining anyways but the difference lies in that ones make sense (i.e. yes the main rotations were some short and could have been improved and the main point of glacius is just that, to play those many extra maps) while the others don't (i.e. in the long run for the people that have played this pretty much every day, not just on special occasions and/or here and there, it's always better to play those maps that skip them, although some of those extra glacius maps are not A++ tier they are nevertheless very good maps, there's like really no shit maps in the glacius rotations, moreover you can play the top certified elite competitive map rotation at glacius 24/7 at any other time besides the promoted meetings yet nobody goes there beside the promoted meetings time that instead run the maps the guys promoting the meetings and thus really making them work have requested, you have not one but two actual private servers with totally unrestricted callvote if needed to be etc etc). I know I have been recently accused of not listening to people, do what I feel like and all that blah blah but this is pretty much a very good example of this, the fact that someone or a group of people request something doesn't make it right and I don't make decisions based in "popularity" or anything else. I make decisions based in the sense they make so I take input from people once they have actually showed and elaborated for a fact that they make sense and not because someone bullshit me and/or just for the sake it.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 18:30 pretty much, one thing is removing/adding some exotic extra map/s here and there and/or making a few minor adjustments here and there as usual and another different thing is now to remove like half the rotation to then have people (rightfully this time) asking about new maps all over the place again. I mean, even despite all that you're still gonna have people complaining anyways but the difference lies in that ones make sense (i.e. yes the main rotations were some short and could have been improved and the main point of glacius is just that, to play those many extra maps) while the others don't (i.e. in the long run for the people that have played this pretty much every day, not just on special occasions and/or here and there, it's always better to play those maps that skip them, although some of those extra glacius maps are not A++ tier they are nevertheless very good maps, there's like really no shit maps in the glacius rotations, moreover you can play the top certified elite competitive map rotation at glacius 24/7 at any other time besides the promoted meetings yet nobody goes there beside the promoted meetings time that instead run the maps the guys promoting the meetings and thus really making them work have requested, you have not one but two actual private servers with totally unrestricted callvote if needed to be etc etc). I know I have been recently accused of not listening to people, do what I feel like and all that blah blah but this is pretty much a very good example of this, the fact that someone or a group of people request something doesn't make it right and I don't make decisions based in "popularity" or anything else. I make decisions based in the sense they make so I take input from people once they have actually showed and elaborated for a fact that they make sense and not because someone bullshit me and/or just for the sake it.
Ok but @admin superpower veto dot com unfriz reil powering wtf slapping server man,

Can you put some paragraphs in :D and keep up the good work lol
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

@Adminless, I never accused you of anything, not sure who did. I'm one of those who are just happy to be playing those maps, that's why I was there with Lisa, Sylwia and Albert or Adolph, forgot what's his nick, he's rarely playing, but he plays rly good. It was just the 4 of us. It's the others that are not happy about the maps. I guess the rotation last time when glacius was full was just bad one by accident, since it was random so it didn't start any of the maps they think are cool. And there were like comment: "Oh, not this map, this is shit map, cu bye bye", etc. Something like that anyway. I'm cool with whatever rotation is happening. Ask anyone. They say bad things about the map with rotating blender portal that takes you to a special place with presents, but I'm happy about it, it's one of my favorite maps, they all are my favorite maps. Then again, those maps are all new to me, so I'm excited about all of them.

EDIT: Thank you for hosting Q3A and keeping those servers alive!!! I forgot to thank YOU, SIR!!! You're amazing, Adminless!!! Keep up the great work!!! :clap:
Karen
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Karen »

Who is the new pro?

NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

LOL!!! Amazing and funny! Well done Kareny!
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Karen wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 14:47 Who is the new pro?

Not bad , not bad at all

Await part two of the killing of NoobKilla to a deep sleep
By pacman

And of course Ami drinking magi bladder blood
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

No Pac, no aimbot.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

good stuff the guys definitively missed your epic glacius promotions here during these weeks.
Karen
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Karen »

Hello Glacius Fam! 😊

I've been pondering about map rotations lately, and I wanted to share some observations. It seems like the "bunker map" and the "vent map" might not be resonating well with everyone; I've actually noticed a de-motivating dip in activity when these pop up. Of course, it's just my (self-)observation, and I totally trust Adminless' judgment on these matters.

However, just in case these turn out to be replaced... to explore new maps and to keep things fresh... what would be good replacements? What are your thoughts on this? 🗺️ ❄️
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Post by Lisa_Ann »

NoobKilla wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 22:41 @Adminless, I never accused you of anything, not sure who did. I'm one of those who are just happy to be playing those maps, that's why I was there with Lisa, Sylwia and Albert or Adolph, forgot what's his nick, he's rarely playing, but he plays rly good. It was just the 4 of us. It's the others that are not happy about the maps. I guess the rotation last time when glacius was full was just bad one by accident, since it was random so it didn't start any of the maps they think are cool. And there were like comment: "Oh, not this map, this is shit map, cu bye bye", etc. Something like that anyway. I'm cool with whatever rotation is happening. Ask anyone. They say bad things about the map with rotating blender portal that takes you to a special place with presents, but I'm happy about it, it's one of my favorite maps, they all are my favorite maps. Then again, those maps are all new to me, so I'm excited about all of them.

EDIT: Thank you for hosting Q3A and keeping those servers alive!!! I forgot to thank YOU, SIR!!! You're amazing, Adminless!!! Keep up the great work!!! :clap:
Well, there are maps that I don't like either, but that's why I don't exit (rather because the same thing comes up 3 times in a row), in fact, that's why glacius is especially good, because it doesn't have the basic maps.