A serious question about the ping

Computing Support forum.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

A serious question about the ping

Post by NoobKilla »

So here's the current quality of my network, it's bad, but that is not the question. On your servers my ping was 21-24 just now when I played. Seems that the game is showing half of my minimum ping which is 46 on the screenshot and maximum 336:
bad connection.png
Here's a screenshot of a different game which shows ping of 117, which is more realistic to what's really happening:
other game ping.jpg
My question is how come your servers show such an unrealistic low ping when my ping is much higher, the average ping. The lag that I'm getting inside on your servers, where enemies see me around corner before I see them suggest that my ping is probably around 200. Is there anything I can do in my local config to set it up to be closer to what is happening or is there something you can do on the server-side?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: A serious question about the ping

Post by PacMan »

NoobKilla wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 13:23 So here's the current quality of my network, it's bad, but that is not the question. On your servers my ping was 21-24 just now when I played. Seems that the game is showing half of my minimum ping which is 46 on the screenshot and maximum 336:

bad connection.png

Here's a screenshot of a different game which shows ping of 117, which is more realistic to what's really happening:

other game ping.jpg

My question is how come your servers show such an unrealistic low ping when my ping is much higher, the average ping. The lag that I'm getting inside on your servers, where enemies see me around corner before I see them suggest that my ping is probably around 200. Is there anything I can do in my local config to set it up to be closer to what is happening or is there something you can do on the server-side?
Serious answer

Basically stop disconnecting your internet and or making a bad connection when you start losing and just play and if you lose it's no problem because it's just a game
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

^ ... and thanks to you it is no longer serious :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

dude I don't even know what you're talking about, I just traced your ip now from the server and I got 24 msec which is the same exact same number you're saying that the game is giving you.
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

But how can my ping be 24 ms if the connection to my ISP's gateway is about 20ms, it has to be much higher. In all multiplayer games my average ping is between 89 and 130 ms. Don't you see there's some kind of problem? There's lag inside the game that is about 150-200ms in my estimation based on how it works in other similar games for me, the games I'm playing these days.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

PacMan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 15:38
NoobKilla wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 13:23 So here's the current quality of my network, it's bad, but that is not the question. On your servers my ping was 21-24 just now when I played. Seems that the game is showing half of my minimum ping which is 46 on the screenshot and maximum 336:

bad connection.png

other game ping.jpg

Serious answer

Basically stop disconnecting your internet and or making a bad connection when you start losing and just play and if you lose it's no problem because it's just a game
Because of this noobk
NoobKilla
Unleveled User

Post by NoobKilla »

You really think that I'm disconnecting the connection and causing lags and late and lost packets? How can I do that while playing, it just doesn't make any sense :) ... get serious bro!